5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse Moaning Noise When Cold

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue ( only in reverse when cold outside) when backing up? I kept having this moaning noise when backing up this winter...took into the dealer and they said there was a TSB for the rear calipers which they supposedly took care of. This morning when I backed up I still had the noise but it was as loud.

Am I missing something?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the TSB 05-001-19 done Tuesday. Brake caliber brackets, pads and new bolts.
Have not had a chance to drive it much since, remains to be seen if the noise is taken care of. rear brake.jpg

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Are you in 4WD High when backing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have not had a chance to drive it much since, remains to be seen if the noise is taken care of. View attachment 44243

Not sure of the TSB number but your fix doesn't look like mine did. I posted a picture here of what the caliper brackets look like. It did fix the squealing.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure of the TSB number but your fix doesn't look like mine did. I posted a picture here of what the caliper brackets look like. It did fix the squealing.

They did the 05-002-19 on yours. Mine was the original fix. Fingers crossed...

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did your truck only do it when it was cold?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did your truck only do it when it was cold?

Yes. Only when backing out of garage first thing in the morning. I LOL'd when I first read of the "Chewbacca" noise but that perfectly described what I was hearing. I laughed again when I saw what they'd installed to fix it but it worked. ~6 months later and it's still gone. I'm almost at 22K miles on the truck now.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have not had a chance to drive it much since, remains to be seen if the noise is taken care of. View attachment 44243

Hi kapinallinen2,

Please be sure to keep us updated. If you experience this concern further, we are more than happy to support you in addressing it.

Mark
RamCares

Joetorres112

Reaction score
Hi kapinallinen2,

Please be sure to keep us updated. If you experience this concern further, we are more than happy to support you in addressing it.

Mark
RamCares
I have a Long horn 2019 it has been 5 times on the dealer, the noise in the breaks continues. they have change brake pads, Rotors and calipers. Every time there deliver my vehicle the noise stop life for 4 days then it begins again.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Long horn 2019 it has been 5 times on the dealer, the noise in the breaks continues. they have change brake pads, Rotors and calipers. Every time there deliver my vehicle the noise stop life for 4 days then it begins again.
Have they done TSB 05-002-19?

FirstimeRAM

Reaction score
I just brought mine in for this last Thursday. They said there was a bulletin out on it and ordered the parts. I have lost track how many times its been to the shop in the first year?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I'm very sorry to hear this, Joetorres112. Would you mind following up with us via private message to provide further details regarding your situation so that we may determine how to best assist you at this point?

I just brought mine in for this last Thursday. They said there was a bulletin out on it and ordered the parts. I have lost track how many times its been to the shop in the first year?

Hi FirstimeRAM, if you are in need of any extra support while in service for this concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us privately.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread