5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse lights

Damion

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the reverse lights non existent? The led ones on my sport are barely seen in either the camera or the mirrors .

my old ‘16 reverse lights weren’t the greatest but were much better than the ones on my ‘19. I’m probably going to end up adding some under the bumper .

anyone else have this issue?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No it isn’t just you, I’ve posted about this being the reason why I don’t have matching tint on my front windows.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the reverse lights non existent? The led ones on my sport are barely seen in either the camera or the mirrors .

my old ‘16 reverse lights weren’t the greatest but were much better than the ones on my ‘19. I’m probably going to end up adding some under the bumper .

anyone else have this issue?
License plate reverse light... thinking about getting it.. u shud look it up lots of reviews on it

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
License plate reverse light... thinking about getting it.. u shud look it up lots of reviews on it
Wait until they come out with a redesign. The current ones are too thick for our trucks and rub on the tailgate when down. New model supposed to come out in the fall.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Wait until they come out with a redesign. The current ones are too thick for our trucks and rub on the tailgate when down. New model supposed to come out in the fall.
True I’ve read that I’m waiting for all the kinks to get out... waiting for bilstein shocks air bags helpers, bigger tires.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score

It actually takes minimal effort to make it fit without rubbing, and still look flawless. See my post below:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It actually takes minimal effort to make it fit without rubbing, and still look flawless. See my post below:

Good fix. I just didn't want to drill unnecessary holes or have to modify license plates. For what we paid for these, they should be plug & play in my opinion.
Mine went back and I'll get another once they come out with the redesign.

Thanks ;)

Zeeya

Reaction score
www.vleds.com. LPR LED Back up light. 30 min install.
I used the black wire off of 7 pin plug which is reverse light, white wire is ground. Spliced in and taped wiring back up and tie wrapped. Not cheap, but well worth it. I work out in W Texas 2 and 2 schedule. When working nights and backing up on locations and it’s tough seeing equipment stacked on edge of location, this took care of it. Have had it about 1.5 years. Took it off 17 KR when I traded it in and installed on this truck. Advertised as 1800 lumens and I wouldn’t doubt it

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
www.vleds.com. LPR LED Back up light. 30 min install.
I used the black wire off of 7 pin plug which is reverse light, white wire is ground. Spliced in and taped wiring back up and tie wrapped. Not cheap, but well worth it. I work out in W Texas 2 and 2 schedule. When working nights and backing up on locations and it’s tough seeing equipment stacked on edge of location, this took care of it. Have had it about 1.5 years. Took it off 17 KR when I traded it in and installed on this truck. Advertised as 1800 lumens and I wouldn’t doubt it
Yeah, miss my LPR. Can’t wait to get another once they release the correct model for our trucks (tried upside down but it looked goofy to me).

Zeeya

Reaction score
Guys/Gals, everything about the light is true, but just found out the tailgate touches it when down.
Don’t order them. Never realized it. Small mark on tailgate where it touches. Sorry

retho78

Reaction score
I did this mod and works great for me.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Does putting exterior light on truck void warranty?

NJMonark

Reaction score
Just added the VLEDS LPR to my 2020 Limited also (I removed the plastic dealer license plate holder). No interference with the tailgate at all.

Users who are viewing this thread