5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse lighting upgrade

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
How did you mount those? Did you take the lights apart? They almost look like they are factory. They aren't very noticable which is what I want
Thanks that’s what I was going for!
Used a 3/4” hole saw and then sanded the edges smooth. Honestly I just stuck them on with strong epoxy lol. I figured why get all crazy making brackets for $5 lights. Been driving it in the rain and snow and they’re sticking just fine!

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent some time last night cutting out the holes in the filler panel below the bumper. Mounted the lights into the panel with epoxy. Now, just need to install these on the truck and wire them in.

I plan on filling the gap between the lens and the filler piece with a black RTV or caulking. The light lens is angled from the base to visual part, so unless I cut the opening with an angle to it, I wouldn't get a tight fit. That was too much work to get perfect, so I just did a straight cut which is leaving me with a small gap between the filler piece and the lens.

Attachments

• 20211231_104823.jpg
    20211231_104823.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 732
  • 20211231_104949.jpg
    20211231_104949.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 728
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 12.11.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 12.11.51 PM.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Thanks that’s what I was going for!
Used a 3/4” hole saw and then sanded the edges smooth. Honestly I just stuck them on with strong epoxy lol. I figured why get all crazy making brackets for $5 lights. Been driving it in the rain and snow and they’re sticking just fine!
You stuck them on the back side of that plastic piece right?

Cajun_

Reaction score
Now I just need to find the brightest 4 inch light bar to stick there like y'all are doing.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Spent some time last night cutting out the holes in the filler panel below the bumper. Mounted the lights into the panel with epoxy. Now, just need to install these on the truck and wire them in.

I plan on filling the gap between the lens and the filler piece with a black RTV or caulking. The light lens is angled from the base to visual part, so unless I cut the opening with an angle to it, I wouldn't get a tight fit. That was too much work to get perfect, so I just did a straight cut which is leaving me with a small gap between the filler piece and the lens.
That looks awesome!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick someone find the part # for the replacement filler piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it's finally dark and I went out to see how they look. Being installed to follow the angle of the rear fillers does put the focal point not far from the rear of the truck. It will help when backing into a parking space and being able to see parking lot lines and whatever is behind the truck, but it does NOT illuminate the area like some of the others posted above. Since they are just epoxied in place, I could always release them, add some spacers at the top and re-glue them in. I don't want to light up the entire neighborhood, so just a little angle is all I think it needs.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Well, it's finally dark and I went out to see how they look. Being installed to follow the angle of the rear fillers does put the focal point not far from the rear of the truck. It will help when backing into a parking space and being able to see parking lot lines and whatever is behind the truck, but it does NOT illuminate the area like some of the others posted above. Since they are just epoxied in place, I could always release them, add some spacers at the top and re-glue them in. I don't want to light up the entire neighborhood, so just a little angle is all I think it needs.
Any night shots from backup camera?

also what leds you use?

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my lights this week and I also ordered the replacement bumper filler panels. Instead of installing the lights to the filler panel (as seen in post 1), I'm thinking about cutting an opening the size of the lens only, and mounting them on the backside with with only the light exposed. I could still drill the holes for the screws, but I was going for a more finished look. Anybody know how I can secure the light to the backside of the panel? Will a 2 part epoxy hold it there?

They look OEM!!!!

What lights did you use and do you have the part numbers for the L / R bumper filler panels?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I have not taken the time to get night time shots. I keep forgetting. I have had multiple comments from people that see them on that they do look factory. That's the look I was going for.
Quick someone find the part # for the replacement filler piece

68404400AA, 68404401AA

Regarding the lights, they were bought from Amazon, but it doesn't look like they have them anymore. They were the 4" Chelhead 6500k back up/utility lights. They seem to have the 6" still, but I don't see the 4"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread