Reverse/Back Up Lights with Camera at Night

ewmyers76

Agree about the cargo lights. Just saw a new gen F150 at my parking garage and they seem to be bright white LEDs like the reverse lights, instead of the crap yellow tint lights on the RAM. Can someone confirm they are indeed halogen? Very disappointed if that's the case.
Yes they are halogen I just replaced mine with these. Glad to know i am not the only one out there that noticed this. My neighbors thought i was crazy! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX4FMD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Neurobit

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Website
www.aesweapons.com

shauste

Ya I havent checked out the lighting but it could be the camera type. Some work better in low light conditions. How bout those nice low power crap bulbs they put in the roof for the bed? It’s a notch above a cigarette lighter..............maybe. Seriously who missed that ?
Ha! I replaced mine with some LEDs...

My Bighorn came with the Premium LED Lighting Group which, according to the sticker, includes LED tail lamps. The sticker says nothing about the backup lamps. Can I assume that the backup lamp is the standard 921? The Owners Manual also lists a premium backup lamp as a part number 7440/W21W. Based upon how dim my view in the backup camera is at night, I'm assuming that I have the standard 921 lamp. I'd love to install those LED lamps that someone above gave a link to Amazon. Anyone have any idea what backup lamps are installed with the Premium Lighting Group package?

Gondul

My Bighorn came with the Premium LED Lighting Group which, according to the sticker, includes LED tail lamps. The sticker says nothing about the backup lamps. Can I assume that the backup lamp is the standard 921? The Owners Manual also lists a premium backup lamp as a part number 7440/W21W. Based upon how dim my view in the backup camera is at night, I'm assuming that I have the standard 921 lamp. I'd love to install those LED lamps that someone above gave a link to Amazon. Anyone have any idea what backup lamps are installed with the Premium Lighting Group package?
If I remember previous comments correctly, the Premium LED Tails Lights are not serviceable by the end user, it is a sealed unit.

For the LED tail lights you are looking at the VLEDS or a LED Tailgate Bar

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
You are talking about two separate lights. The lights people are replacing are the cargo lights

Here is a before and after example

Before: 2427AF3E-0ADE-4AEE-97D5-DE46B0EA1550.jpeg 2427AF3E-0ADE-4AEE-97D5-DE46B0EA1550.jpeg and here is after

F96ED2B7-692E-4037-BBFF-705103746737.jpeg

drad5757

I'm going to install a headache rack with separate lighting. Does anyone know if there is a blank plate available to replace third brake light assembly? Thanks.

myram2019

i did drive a non surround camera truck for 2 months and the backup camera quality and picture at night was amazing. When i got my new truck with 360 i was shocked at the quality of the picture and even more disappointed after i saw the quality at night. Felt like i went back in time to the 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)