5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report a member...keeping for the lessons learned.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Are you going to send the $50 to release the ransom on your part?
Hahahah! We think alike. I even asked him “do you write Ransom notes very often” and apparently he didn’t get the reference, LOL
At this point he can ship the bumper and I’ll send the other $50

BigD

Reaction score
This is why I would never buy anything from anyone unless it was meeting in person & exchanging cash. I've used Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace in the past, but always meet in a public place. I don't even trust Venmo or Zelle. They wanted my bank account info & last 4 of my S.S. # I said no way & deleted the app off my phone. Cash is king ! I don't even like buying crap off Amazon. I'd rather walk in a store, & walk out with my purchase!! I hope the old brick & mortar stores stay around for awhile.

gmantwo

Reaction score
This is why I would never buy anything from anyone unless it was meeting in person & exchanging cash. I've used Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace in the past, but always meet in a public place. I don't even trust Venmo or Zelle. They wanted my bank account info & last 4 of my S.S. # I said no way & deleted the app off my phone. Cash is king ! I don't even like buying crap off Amazon. I'd rather walk in a store, & walk out with my purchase!! I hope the old brick & mortar stores stay around for awhile.
I understand that. I’ve been a competition pistol shooter for 30 years and have bought hundreds, literally hundreds of things off of people on different forums and never once have I gotten burned. I guess I just expect people to be a straight up as I am

U

User_3336

OP, do you have a PAYPAL account? seems like the safest way to send, and dispute rights afterwards.

gmantwo

Reaction score
OP, do you have a PAYPAL account? seems like the safest way to send, and dispute rights afterwards.
He did not use PayPal, or at least he said he didn’t. Zelle is part of my bank, or at least you can send money that way through my bank

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the guy said 450 shipped and went back on that agreement, then he’s in the wrong. I’m not sure how people are getting confused about that.

swing4terps

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

Always suggest using a credit card for everything online. It’s not your money if you run into issues. Fraud claims are a hassle regardless; even more annoying when you’re trying to recoup money debited from your bank account.

BigD

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

Always suggest using a credit card for everything online. It’s not your money if you run into issues. Fraud claims are a hassle regardless; even more annoying when you’re trying to recoup money debited from your bank account.
I do always use a credit card if I buy online. Still prefer to walk in a store & look at or try something on before purchasing though. Don't like Pay Pal, Venmo, or Zelle. Once u send it your never getting it back. What's wrong with mailing someone a check ? Otherwise meet in person & use cash.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nothing wrong with buying stuff from people online, you just have to be smart about it. First thing is to NEVER pay with anything other than paypal goods and services. If anyone asks for payment other than paypal goods and services, avoid the deal.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you pay with a credit card to Joe Q Citizen? It's not like the OP was purchasing from Home Depot.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do always use a credit card if I buy online. Still prefer to walk in a store & look at or try something on before purchasing though. Don't like Pay Pal, Venmo, or Zelle. Once u send it your never getting it back. What's wrong with mailing someone a check ? Otherwise meet in person & use cash.
You must not know how PayPal works then. If you pay with goods and services through PayPal you are covered for six months. That includes receiving an item not as described, not receiving your item at all, Your item breaks 20 days after you received it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re more likely to get scammed paying somebody in person cash then you are buying something online. Someone can easily sell you anything in person and you get home and realize it doesn’t work. No turning around getting your money back then. If you would’ve bought it online you would’ve been easily covered. I’m more hesitant to buy anything in person unless it is something I can test on the spot.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never accept personal checks. Way too easy for people to write bad checks or cancel a check.

You’re more likely to get scammed paying somebody in person cash then you are buying something online. Someone can easily sell you anything in person and you get home and realize it doesn’t work. No turning around getting your money back then. If you would’ve bought it online you would’ve been easily covered. I’m more hesitant to buy anything in person unless it is something I can test on the spot.
What he said. My father-in-law is a big Craigslist guy, and he avoids more scams and bad actors than I care to hear about. It’s a game to him, and he enjoys it, but I’d rather avoid it altogether.

If you do it correctly through PayPal or another “guaranteed” service, there are ways for you to file claims against people who try to cheat you. It’s still a hassle, but at least there is a way.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots of good advice here. PayPal has always worked for me. This is why I questioned paying with a credit card.

Like I said earlier, I only did a deal with one member here. He was trustworthy and we both were good. Sucks the OP has to go back and forth over something.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of good advice here. PayPal has always worked for me. This is why I questioned paying with a credit card.

Like I said earlier, I only did a deal with one member here. He was trustworthy and we both were good. Sucks the OP has to go back and forth over something.
Crickets from the seller so far...

Users who are viewing this thread