5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report a member...keeping for the lessons learned.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bucolic

Reaction score
Hate to tell you buddy but more than likely you got scammed. Should’ve been a dead giveaway when he started asking you to send money friends and family through PayPal or payment by Venmo.
Yes, this is clearly a scam. Clear flags for future reference:

1. Asking for friends or family payment. Don't ever do this. You can add a credit card to PayPal and pay with that then I believe you are double protected. If Pay Pal doesn't back you then charge it back through your credit card company. Sometimes the person receiving the money says they do not want to do that because PayPal charges them 3%. just offer to add 3% on. Well worth the protection.

2. Grammer in the text is typical of foreign scammers. Not correct and broken English. Not saying everyone who has broken English is a scammer but that tied with the payment method request is a pretty good sign.

Don't send this person any more money. Sorry that this happened to you.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Hate to tell you buddy but more than likely you got scammed. Should’ve been a dead giveaway when he started asking you to send money friends and family through PayPal or payment by Venmo.
Well, I’ve always used PayPal myself but when I send my grandkids money they all want it through Venmo. And our bank uses Zelle, so I figured that was fairly safe as well. By the time he started using broken English and crap it was already too late

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I’ve always used PayPal myself but when I send my grandkids money they all want it through Venmo. And our bank uses Zelle, so I figured that was fairly safe as well. By the time he started using broken English and crap it was already too late
Zelle is the absolute worst for scams.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Can I get an administrator to contact me please? This guy says he’s OK with me paying an administrator the rest of the money, and then when I get my part you release it to him. Although he now said he’s an honest man and I just have to trust him

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I get an administrator to contact me please? This guy says he’s OK with me paying an administrator the rest of the money, and then when I get my part you release it to him. Although he now said he’s an honest man and I just have to trust him
stop responding to the guy, HE IS SCAMMING YOU. These people do this because there are so many gullible people out there.

U

User_3336

He's already a dishonest person, because the original contact said shipping was included, now he's wanting more.
And why would an administrator on this forum want to get involved in this ? ? ? ? ?

bucolic

Reaction score
He's already a dishonest person, because the original contact said shipping was included, now he's wanting more.
And why would an administrator on this forum want to get involved in this ? ? ? ? ?
I am just being an armchair detective here so that means one thing...I am most likely completely wrong! But the text screenshots the OP sent do not have the same grammar and pattern as other posts made by Mbasile24. If you read the few other posts when he sold stuff grammar is correct and he requests PMs for correspondence not text. Now maybe in the PM, he requested the members to text him but I wonder if maybe that Mbasile24 account got hacked? It looks like two different people.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I am just being an armchair detective here so that means one thing...I am most likely completely wrong! But the text screenshots the OP sent do not have the same grammar and pattern as other posts made by Mbasile24. If you read the few other posts when he sold stuff grammar is correct and he requests PMs for correspondence not text. Now maybe in the PM, he requested the members to text him but I wonder if maybe that Mbasile24 account got hacked? It looks like two different people.
Interesting observation.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the same thing.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Well now you’ve got me wondering, because you are correct, it seems like two completely different people.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Have you ever talked on the TELEPHONE with this person, instead of communication via text or a forum post?
No, but I often sell and buy parts with just electronic communications. Guy just picked up a Mustang hood at my house today and nevef spoke to him

gmantwo

Reaction score
Well I just gotta reply I sent imbecile 24 a message asking if he had been emailing me. And he said he has not been emailing anyone because he’s not on there very much.
So the wrong guy has been blind. I don’t have a clue how the other guy got into the conversation at all

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I just gotta reply I sent imbecile 24 a message asking if he had been emailing me. And he said he has not been emailing anyone because he’s not on there very much.
So the wrong guy has been blind. I don’t have a clue how the other guy got into the conversation at all
Hackers.....they are good at what they do, stealing people's identity and money. Unfortunate this has happened to you. Hopefully you can recoup your money somehow.

Last edited:

gmantwo

Reaction score
OK now I need somebody to tell me how to clear this guys name that I have trashed

Users who are viewing this thread