5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report a member...keeping for the lessons learned.

gmantwo

Reaction score
"I started this thread because I thought I had an issue with a forum member when I tried to buy a bumper from him.

A third party got in between the two of us and tried to scam me.

For the record, Mbasile24 is a forum member in good standing and I apologize for mistakenly thinking he was involved in anything less than honorable.

What happened was this: I asked Mbasile24 about purchasing his bumper. Then, I received an email...person claimed they were Mbasile24, but was NOT him.

I got scammed by whoever this emailer was. Thinking I was emailing Mbasile24 (when I really was not) is what led to this thread.

Again, Mbasile24 is a standup member of the forum."

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyway to report an interaction with a member? I sent someone on here for $450 as requested for a part for my truck. Then they started asking for more money. I haven’t sent any more because I don’t want to lose another penny to this person. They just continue to keep asking for more money before they will ship the part. They want 50 more dollars, when I have already sent them $450.
I have asked for my money back now three times and they just keep saying send $50 and I will ship today
Hopefully you paid with PayPal or something.

U

User_3336

Good question, How did you pay them? Not much you could do to "report" them here. Unfortunately, you took the purchase upon yourself. Your only recourse would possibly be a chargeback or dispute depending on how you paid.

gmantwo

Reaction score
Paid through my bank. They have started a fraud claim. You just don’t ever expect to run into an *** hat like that. I have bought things from literally hundreds of people and never been burned before.
there is a way on here to report a member, I found it when looking up the profile. You go to their profile page and there’s a report button, which I have done.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That really sucks. I only sold my stock tires here. That member was upstanding and true to his word. Sent a deposit check until he could get out my way for picking up. I was glad to deal with him.

In the end it is sad that guys who pay $50k or so for a truck cannot honor deals for a couple hundred. I don't know what the answer is.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Report what? I found the post. He wanted $450 for the rear, local pickup only.

You want it shipped. It seems fair that you pay the freight.

Go ahead and out him. See if he responds. But if he produces an email exchange that shows you as the bad guy, I expect you to leave and never ever come back.

gmantwo

Reaction score

Go ahead and out him. See if he responds. But if he produces an email exchange that shows you as the bad guy, I expect you to leave and never ever come back.
See the email I posted. He said $450 shipped

gmantwo

Reaction score
His original post did say local pick up only. However I contacted him and asked him how much to ship to 63846. He said $450 shipped so that’s what I sent him

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There are usually two sides to every story, but if the buyer simply requested to cancel the deal and get his money back, that's a perfectly reasonable request. It's not an Ebay auction.

U

User_3336

Are you going to send the $50 to release the ransom on your part?

Users who are viewing this thread