5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I can't stand the tow mirrors on my Rebel and when it rains or when it is dark outside its even worse. It got so bad I had to turn on the sound alert notification when I change lanes.

For those who ordered from Infotainment are the mirrors factory OEM? From the Infotainment website it doesn't look even close? I'm wanting to replace the tow mirrors with these original OEM.

View attachment 10220

BTW, Infotainment is offering another 10% discount.

I may just go with ordering the factory mirrors and switch. I just want to make sure it does have the power fold, heated, lane avoidance and turn signal. OBDGenie now sells programmers and bypass modules from their website.
You should call Infotainment on Monday, but I ordered and believe they are factory mirrors. They take your VIN and order directly...in fact the mirrors ship from factory and rest ships from Infotainment (I am told). But best to talk to them directly.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone received their mirrors from Infotainment yet? I have not got mine yet. I see the date was pushed on their website to 12/12 (originally 12/1).

ibang1

Reaction score
Thanks! I did get an email from Joel stating all the features were present but again their website doesn't really show the exact mirror that I wanted. I did send away another email with the photo I posted here. I hope you get yours very soon!

RAM805

Reaction score
Ordered kit from INFOTAINMENT.com as well, they still haven't shipped. I got the 10% deal. I will be patient a little bit longer, but not a lot longer lol.

gavink

Reaction score
Got mine with the trailer tow package. I don't really mind that they don't power fold, but would be nice though. My biggest complaint is that they are not heated. My build sheet showed it so I assumed it had it until winter hit and I can't see out of my mirrors because they are froze over. Wondering if I would be able to make them just heated at all??? Or if I could go to the regular smaller mirrors to get the power fold option and also be able to add heat?? I opened a complaint with fiat and they say that's how the truck is supposed to be and won't offer me any help. Don't really want to have to drop $1400 just for mirrors... Seems overpriced to me.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Has anyone received their mirrors from Infotainment yet? I have not got mine yet. I see the date was pushed on their website to 12/12 (originally 12/1).

I ordered mine on Monday 12/3. When I checked the order status on Thursday 12/6, I was told they were waiting on parts that "should be in" on Wednesday 12/12 and would ship after that... Glad to hear the two dates match, but will believe it when they actually ship. ;)

Old Ray

Reaction score
I opened a complaint with fiat and they say that's how the truck is supposed to be and won't offer me any help.
I much as I hate to admit it, and I think FCA are arseholes, I think they are right. If I am reading this right, and if your truck is a sport or Rebel with black tow mirrors then no heat, same (?) mirror in chrome on the Laramie, Longhorn, Limited has heat, so if fold is not important sounds like a somewhat easy fix.

— 7- x 11-inch trailer tow, powered, Black, manual-folding; includes exterior
courtesy lamps and supplemental turn signals (included in Trailer Tow Group)
P P P

— 7- x 11-inch trailer tow, powered, chrome, heated, multifunctional; includes
exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signals, position memory
(included in Trailer Tow Group)
P P P P

Just like in the chrome ones it doesn't say manual-fold so this idiot (me) assumes they are not, wrong. I took some heat on here for my admitted lack of attention (fresh paint disease) but in somewhat of a self-defense the available (changing) buyers guide is somewhat misleading. The other part is that anyone can sell anything, the definition of a great business is how they satisfactorily solve a customers problem. (or care to)

gavink

Reaction score
I much as I hate to admit it, and I think FCA are arseholes, I think they are right. If I am reading this right, and if your truck is a sport or Rebel with black tow mirrors then no heat, same (?) mirror in chrome on the Laramie, Longhorn, Limited has heat, so if fold is not important sounds like a somewhat easy fix.

— 7- x 11-inch trailer tow, powered, Black, manual-folding; includes exterior
courtesy lamps and supplemental turn signals (included in Trailer Tow Group)
P P P

— 7- x 11-inch trailer tow, powered, chrome, heated, multifunctional; includes
exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signals, position memory
(included in Trailer Tow Group)
P P P P

Just like in the chrome ones it doesn't say manual-fold so this idiot (me) assumes they are not, wrong. I took some heat on here for my admitted lack of attention (fresh paint disease) but in somewhat of a self-defense the available (changing) buyers guide is somewhat misleading. The other part is that anyone can sell anything, the definition of a great business is how they satisfactorily solve a customers problem. (or care to)

Yea I have the bighorn sport package with black mirrors. So do you think I can just swap mirrors and they will have heat? I asked my dealer and they told me it wouldnt work just by swapping them. I haven't dug into it any farther. New born and finishing our house has kept me pretty busy...

zignice

Reaction score
Got mine with the trailer tow package. I don't really mind that they don't power fold, but would be nice though. My biggest complaint is that they are not heated. My build sheet showed it so I assumed it had it until winter hit and I can't see out of my mirrors because they are froze over. Wondering if I would be able to make them just heated at all??? Or if I could go to the regular smaller mirrors to get the power fold option and also be able to add heat?? I opened a complaint with fiat and they say that's how the truck is supposed to be and won't offer me any help. Don't really want to have to drop $1400 just for mirrors... Seems overpriced to me.
I have the tow package as well and my mirrors have the little heating symbol. Are they not heated? Just started getting frosty where I am so I haven’t tested them. I did notice that the manual says they come on when the rear defroster is turned on, but the heated symbol does not illuminate so I have no idea if they are working.

gavink

Reaction score
I have the tow package as well and my mirrors have the little heating symbol. Are they not heated? Just started getting frosty where I am so I haven’t tested them. I did notice that the manual says they come on when the rear defroster is turned on, but the heated symbol does not illuminate so I have no idea if they are working.

Yea mine doesn't have the little symbol... It bums me out! Hoping to find a solution soon! To most it seems like a minor deal, but with our winters here and how it's been already, I can never see out of my mirrors which is a big pain in the butt and a safety issue in my eyes. Even my old little cheapy 04 subaru work car had heated mirrors. I just can't figure out why they would have a truck with heated seats and steering wheel, but not the mirrors...

Old Ray

Reaction score
. So do you think I can just swap mirrors and they will have heat? I ..
I meant to send this this morning, geting old sucks:

I doubt it, the heat elements will be in the chrome mirrors, but the control modules and switchs will not be in your truck, not that they can't be install but mucho work to do I think. Some kind of hillbilly switchs etc could be also used.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I ordered mine on Monday 12/3. When I checked the order status on Thursday 12/6, I was told they were waiting on parts that "should be in" on Wednesday 12/12 and would ship after that... Glad to hear the two dates match, but will believe it when they actually ship. ;)

I just followed up again today on the status of the order and...

1544650663694.png

they are still waiting on parts from MOPAR . The parts are "supposed" to ship from MOPAR this week, so we "should" get tracking info this week. Until then...

1544651188562.png

lasstss

Reaction score
I just followed up again today on the status of the order and...

View attachment 10517

they are still waiting on parts from MOPAR . The parts are "supposed" to ship from MOPAR this week, so we "should" get tracking info this week. Until then...

View attachment 10521

I just got an update on my order. It looks like January before I will see them. I guess the parts are not available at this point.

Old Ray

Reaction score
I just got an update on my order. It looks like January before I will see them. I guess the parts are not available at this point.
……., good thing it's not a conspiracy, you know like, because anyone that has tow mirrors has not suffered enough, so the secret tracking device on your truck tells FCA when someone is ordering mirror parts and then says they are out of them because we need to be punishment some more. (for buying one)

gybob

Reaction score
If you're an impatient SOB (like me), these are the parts that I ordered. These plus the OBDGenie and it all works perfectly!

mirrors 68276506AD 68276507AE
modules 68424179AA 68319954AE
switch 68262252AC

Mirrors are dimmable, heated with puddle light, blind spot indicator and turn signal. Got the part numbers using Laramie VIN.

Last edited:

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
……., good thing it's not a conspiracy, you know like, because anyone that has tow mirrors has not suffered enough, so the secret tracking device on your truck tells FCA when someone is ordering mirror parts and then says they are out of them because we need to be punishment some more. (for buying one)

Last edited:

lasstss

Reaction score
If you're an impatient SOB (like me), these are the parts that I ordered. These plus the OBDGenie and it all works perfectly!

mirrors 68276506AD 68276507AE
modules 68424179AA 68319954AE
switch 68262252AC

Mirrors are dimmable, heated with puddle light, blind spot indicator and turn signal. Got the part numbers using Laramie VIN.
What about that other thing that they say you need. Some unlocking device?

gybob

Reaction score
What about that other thing that they say you need. Some unlocking device?
Sorry bout that. The software gateway bypass is packaged the 2019 version of the OBDGenie. The software gateway module is on the left side, under the dash. I removed the extreme left pop-out panel and the park brake panel so I could see better. Unplug the 2 connectors from the module and plug them into the little bypass thing. Once the OBDGenie does it's thing, plug the 2 connectors back into the module. Not difficult at all on the 2019. On the 2018, FCA was kind enough to put all this behind the 8.4 display.

Attachments

• sgw module.jpg
    sgw module.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I received a notice yesterday that mine has shipped and arrives on Wednesday. Not sure if it includes everything or not. At one point, they said it may come in two shipments. I will let you know.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I received a notice yesterday that mine has shipped and arrives on Wednesday. Not sure if it includes everything or not. At one point, they said it may come in two shipments. I will let you know.

Well that's encouraging... (y)

IIRC, you ordered a couple days before I did so hopefully I'm not too far behind you in the shipping que. Although I didn't get a notice of shipment...:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread