5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

ibang1

Reaction score
I ordered my mirrors thru Infotainment and will let you know how it goes. Sucks to have to pay the money (did get the 10% off). But can't keep the tow mirrors...period. When I talked to them, they order and ship the mirrors directly thru Mopar. The rest comes from Infotainment. Feel at least better that they are Ram mirrors vs a 3rd party manufacturer. They take the VIN to ensure it has the right mirrors for your truck.

Do you know if the mirrors have the blind spot indicator?

RAM805

Reaction score
Do you know if the mirrors have the blind spot indicator?
I asked them specifically about the BLIND SPOT feature and they said all features will be there according to my VIN. Kit is supposed to arrive in a few days.

ibang1

Reaction score
Am told that they should...that is why they took my VIN. Should have heat and blind spot.

Awesome! Let us know the reviews. The photo from the website doesn’t do a great job of the actual factory mirror. Love to see what you get. Please shoot some pics.

lasstss

Reaction score
Lasstss,
Does your window sticker look like this:
View attachment 9293

So, the fine print says May Replace Standard Equipment which means if you have the tow group, the mirrors replace the Power Multi-function Fold-Away Mirrors.

I will post my sticker. there is no such
Lasstss,
View attachment 9293

So, the fine print says May Replace Standard Equipment which means if you have the tow group, the mirrors replace the Power Multi-function Fold-Away Mirrors.

My sticker is a bit more convoluted. This statement (may replace......) is under optional equipment like yours. However, Its followed by The list of level one group. This would leave one to believe that the std mirrors were replaced by the ones in the Level one group! Not the case.... Compared to yours I have the economy model lol. Bought it off the lot.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 121

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
I don't understand why ram doesn't make the tow mirrors power folding especially in the Laramie and limited models. It makes absolutely no sense , the mirrors are huge. Of course you're gonna need them to be power folding.

runamuck

Reaction score
Lasstss,
View attachment 9293

mine says the same...it does not say anywhere "power folding". the mirrors are power adjustable..just not power folding. I too wish they were.

runamuck

Reaction score

yes they are large..I put a 9' wide door on my garage/shop when I built it and I'm glad I did because I only have less than 2" of clearance on each side when I pull in. the first cpl. times I hand folded the driver one back but I decided that continuous folding might wear out the stops so just decided to take it carefully.

blownout1500

Reaction score
yes they are large..I put a 9' wide door on my garage/shop when I built it and I'm glad I did because I only have less than 2" of clearance on each side when I pull in. the first cpl. times I hand folded the driver one back but I decided that continuous folding might wear out the stops so just decided to take it carefully.

I’ve got an 8’ wide garage door so it’s a chinese fire drill every time :LOL::poop:

Smitty1

Reaction score
I Was able to swap my tow mirrors out for some Laramie sport style mirrors. These had power adjust, turn signal, heated, and blind spot just like my Limited tow mirrors came with. No power fold (because I don’t have a module to support that or Rams help for programming that sales code) but everything works so I’m much happier with these! I just found a truck that had the same features as mine and used that trucks VIN to find the exact replacement mirrors. Wires going to the two connectors for the modules are all different color schemes (which had me worried at first) but it still all worked fine. So the only thing I’m lacking is power fold and 360 camera (which I don’t mind not having because I’m really liking the normal mirrors and size compared to tow mirrors).

Attachments

• C9DBBB06-8879-4A36-B8CA-2EC21BCEACB1.jpeg
    C9DBBB06-8879-4A36-B8CA-2EC21BCEACB1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 243
  • DD5DEFD7-1D4F-4F00-8C5A-505F599096FF.jpeg
    DD5DEFD7-1D4F-4F00-8C5A-505F599096FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246

runamuck

Reaction score
I Was able to swap my tow mirrors out for some Laramie sport style mirrors. These had power adjust, turn signal, heated, and blind spot just like my Limited tow mirrors came with. No power fold (because I don’t have a module to support that or Rams help for programming that sales code) but everything works so I’m much happier with these! I just found a truck that had the same features as mine and used that trucks VIN to find the exact replacement mirrors. Wires going to the two connectors for the modules are all different color schemes (which had me worried at first) but it still all worked fine. So the only thing I’m lacking is power fold and 360 camera (which I don’t mind not having because I’m really liking the normal mirrors and size compared to tow mirrors).

those look good and that is a nice outbuilding you've got

gybob

Reaction score
Congratulations. An aggravating process for sure. I did the same thing, but I went ahead and did the door modules and switch panel as well. OBDGenie now has the software. Installed mine yesterday. Works perfectly. I have the part numbers for the additional items if you want.

lasstss

Reaction score
Congratulations. An aggravating process for sure. I did the same thing, but I went ahead and did the door modules and switch panel as well. OBDGenie now has the software. Installed mine yesterday. Works perfectly. I have the part numbers for the additional items if you want.
I would like those numbers if you don't mind..

gybob

Reaction score
I would like those numbers if you don't mind..

Just like you, these numbers all came from a nicely equipped Laramie VIN - full featured mirrors without the 360 cameras.

mirrors 68276506AD (right) 68276507AE (Left)
door modules 68424179AA 68319954AE - don't remember which is which, but they're marked "L" and "R"
door switch assy 68262252AC

After all this followed by the OBDGenie, they work and fold perfectly.

Don't know how big a hurry you're in, but if I were to do it again, I would do the mirrors (as you've done) followed by the OBDGenie. That way you don't have to take your doors apart again. If no luck, then suck it up and do the door modules. I might have saved $130 or so by skipping the modules. I just don't know - nor will I put the original modules back in to find out :)

Last edited:

lasstss

Reaction score
Just like you, these numbers all came from a nicely equipped Laramie VIN - full featured mirrors without the 360 cameras.

mirrors 68276506AD (right) 68276507AE (Left)
door modules 68424179AA 68319954AE - don't remember which is which, but they're marked "L" and "R"
door switch assy 68262252AC

After all this followed by the OBDGenie, they work and fold perfectly.

Don't know how big a hurry you're in, but if I were to do it again, I would do the mirrors (as you've done) followed by the OBDGenie. That way you don't have to take your doors apart again. If no luck, then suck it up and do the door modules. I might have saved $130 or so by skipping the modules. I just don't know - nor will I put the original modules back in to find out :)

I got prices on the parts for the new 2019. I couldnt beat the infotainment price (10% off) so I bought the kit. Looking forward to pulling in my garage and not getting out to fold the mirrors. I find the tow mirrors view annoying anyway. Thanks

gybob

Reaction score
I got prices on the parts for the new 2019. I couldnt beat the infotainment price (10% off) so I bought the kit. Looking forward to pulling in my garage and not getting out to fold the mirrors. I find the tow mirrors view annoying anyway. Thanks
I definitely would have gone that route had the Infotainment kit been available at the time I ordered my individual pieces. Looks like I was about a week or two off.

ibang1

Reaction score
I can't stand the tow mirrors on my Rebel and when it rains or when it is dark outside its even worse. It got so bad I had to turn on the sound alert notification when I change lanes.

For those who ordered from Infotainment are the mirrors factory OEM? From the Infotainment website it doesn't look even close? I'm wanting to replace the tow mirrors with these original OEM.

mirror.jpg

BTW, Infotainment is offering another 10% discount.

I may just go with ordering the factory mirrors and switch. I just want to make sure it does have the power fold, heated, lane avoidance and turn signal. OBDGenie now sells programmers and bypass modules from their website.

Users who are viewing this thread