5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Infotainment this morning and they said it could be a bad OBDGenie. They're going to ship me a new unit. Hopefully it would fix the issue.
Oh another thing I just thought of, was it difficult for you to install the security bypass? Mine took a bit of force for the connectors to clip in.

kd908070

Reaction score
update: the OBDGenie is confirmed bad - Dead Unit.
I'm now able to program the folding feature with a new tool.

nate5532

Reaction score
I just got done reading through this thread - it looks like this thread may be dead, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the Tazer will program these yet - or is the ODBGenie still the only show in town for this initial programming. I know the previous posts said ODBGenie only, but the last post related to this was back from July 2020 (21 months ago), and I was just curious if Tazer was updated/evolved to serve as the programming tool or not.

I'm debating on infotainment vs sourcing my own parts, but the genies are pretty expensive and looks like they're just a 1 trick pony.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I just got done reading through this thread - it looks like this thread may be dead, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the Tazer will program these yet - or is the ODBGenie still the only show in town for this initial programming. I know the previous posts said ODBGenie only, but the last post related to this was back from July 2020 (21 months ago), and I was just curious if Tazer was updated/evolved to serve as the programming tool or not.

I'm debating on infotainment vs sourcing my own parts, but the genies are pretty expensive and looks like they're just a 1 trick pony.
I used AlfoOBD to program mine. It's more than a 1 trick pony!

nate5532

Reaction score
Thanks a ton @HydroRebel! I'm not familiar with this programming stuff at all. I did a search on AlfaODB and found a thread (that is 76 pages). Looks like I'm also going to be ordering an ODBLINK MX+ and have an old android phone I can use to make some updates. I read through several pages and did some searching, but could not find instructions for what i need to do to enable the power fold buttons. Do you happen to recall or have advice?

I really appriciate the help. After reading through these 25 pages, stressing over getting the right mirrors, ordering all said parts, finding out today that all but 2 of the parts I need are 90+ days out, and then re-ordering everything off of ebay... I realize that all of this is just because I want my fckin mirrors to work!

BassCat51

Reaction score
and everything seems to be working ok. Only problem I have now is the door panel doesn’t sit tight back. It didn’t click when I pressed lower part and now it it is a bit loose. Should I have replaced pl

Hi, hoping someone can clarify something for me. I currently have tow mirrors (puddle light, blinker, power glass not power folding.) I am looking at just swapping mirrors for the sport mirrors. I don't need them to power fold. I'm wondering if I can just plug them in and have the blinker on the mirror still work? Not sure if those mirrors have puddle lights, but if they do wondering if those work too. Basically I'm just looking to see if the sport "normal" mirror will plug into my unit and not throw a code. I don't care if they power fold or not. Thanks in advance.
I am looking for the exact same thing. I want to get the standard mirrors with heat, power adjustment, turn signal and puddle light to replace my factory tow mirrors with those same features on my 2019 ram. Did you have any luck finding mirrors? if so where?

Rau

Reaction score
I was able to find the mirrors that matched my car's specs. I think eBay has them.

nate5532

Reaction score
I am looking for the exact same thing. I want to get the standard mirrors with heat, power adjustment, turn signal and puddle light to replace my factory tow mirrors with those same features on my 2019 ram. Did you have any luck finding mirrors? if so where?
I initially ordered them from a libertymoparparts.com, but most of the parts were on backorder for 'greater than 90 days'. I ended up finding all of the below parts on ebay by searching for model numbers (each item from a different seller) and everything is here 6 days after ordering. I've got everything in hand now except for the passanger mirror but that should be here later this afternoon. You might need to be patient to find what you need - and you might even get lucky and find a nice pair of mirrors to order in a single auction.

I've not installed these yet so can't 100% confirm, but I am expecting my setup to be flat black, power fold, power adjustable, heated, autodim. I don't have BSM on my truck, but the mirrors have the icon them. Here are the part numbers I ordered and the prices I paid (shipping included) on ebay:

68262252AC - Front Door Switch And Bezel - $75.02
68424179AC - Door Module, Left Front Door - $87.19
68424178AC - Door Module, Right Front Door - $79.31
68462771AB - Outside Rear-View Mirror, Left - $227.91
68276502AH - Outside Rear-View Mirror, Right - $288.50
Total: $757.93 (which is within $10 of my order from LibertyMopar)

I am planning to program these mirrors with AlfaODB using an old android phone (app costs $50) and paring it up with an ODBLINK MX+ tool I got from amazon ($140) as well as a security bypass from amazon (AUGOCOM FCA 12+8 Universal Adapter Cable Adapter - $21.99).

This brings the grand total to $969.92.

I followed some advice I saw from kjn86 post #9 on this thread: 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn loaded towing mirrors swap with regular or sport Mirrors

Last edited:

nate5532

Reaction score
I used AlfoOBD to program mine. It's more than a 1 trick pony!
@HydroRebel (or anyone else) Do you happen to know what settings I need to change with AlfaODB? I got my mirrors and door modules installed yesterday and have my ODBLink MX+ on hand, and my security bypass should be here today.

I'm hoping to add power fold, heat, and auto dim if possible (the mirrors are capable, just don't know if they will work since my old tow mirros didn't have any features).

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
@HydroRebel (or anyone else) Do you happen to know what settings I need to change with AlfaODB? I got my mirrors and door modules installed yesterday and have my ODBLink MX+ on hand, and my security bypass should be here today.

I'm hoping to add power fold, heat, and auto dim if possible (the mirrors are capable, just don't know if they will work since my old tow mirros didn't have any features).
It's been a while since I've done this so strictly going from my poor memory I'll start off by saying that it was easy to figure out without any assistance. I'm pretty sure In AlfaOBD it was under body computer, car configuration change, doors: power folding mirrors present and change that to yes. In my case I also changed doors: tow mirror present to No. That's all I remember doing and it worked.

nate5532

Reaction score
I got everything installed several months back and got the power fold working. I attempted to enable driver side autodim, heated mirror), but I cannot get these to work. My old tow mirrors didn't have these features, but I was hoping that replacing the door modules and enabling in AlfaODB would do the trick.

Does anyone have advice on how I might get this working?

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I got everything installed several months back and got the power fold working. I attempted to enable driver side autodim, heated mirror), but I cannot get these to work. My old tow mirrors didn't have these features, but I was hoping that replacing the door modules and enabling in AlfaODB would do the trick.

Does anyone have advice on how I might get this working?
I believe this is only enables if you had the autodim rearview first? If you don't have that option, that may be why.

nate5532

Reaction score
I believe this is only enables if you had the autodim rearview first? If you don't have that option, that may be why.
Thanks for responding. My bighorn does have the autodim in the rearview from the factory. I thought getting the new door modules and mirrors with heat/dim would work, but even after programming, I can't get these features to work. The lack of heat is especially frusterating since I live in Ohio and park outside - starting to get frosted up in the mornings.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. My bighorn does have the autodim in the rearview from the factory. I thought getting the new door modules and mirrors with heat/dim would work, but even after programming, I can't get these features to work. The lack of heat is especially frusterating since I live in Ohio and park outside - starting to get frosted up in the mornings.
What items in alfaobd have you tried enabling?

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
It does sound to me like a programming issue. I bought my set from infotainment.com, and their kit includes the mirrors, mirror modules for both sides, and the switch just for the drivers side (and the security bypass and OBD Genie for programming). If you have all those minus the securing/programming stuff, then it sound like your programming isn't quite there.

nate5532

Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry for the delay, got busy with the holidays. And thanks in advance for your help!

I went back into AlfaODB to see what settings I may have changed. I have no experience prior to this project, so it is highly likely that I made a mistake. I might have made other changes, not sure how to check this. But here is what I found.

Body computer DT MY 2019 PowerNet Var.4 *** Is this the right computer? Tons of options here!

Car configuration change​
Settings I changed for the heated mirrors (NOT WORKING)​
HVAC:Heated mirrors present = yes​
Doors: heated mirrors present = yes​
Radio & connectivity: defrost mode and heated mirrors present = both​

Settings I changed for Auto dim (NOT WORKING)​
Cust.prog.features: EC Mirror auto dimming enabled = enabled​
Settings I changed for Power fold (WORKING)​
Doors: power folding mirrors present = yes​

I also came across an option for 'Turn tow mirrors off', so I went ahead and turned that off.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to bug, but I posted my settings above. Do you happen to have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
I don’t have an answer because I don’t see anything wrong with what you’ve done for heated mirrors. I’m not sure about dimming. I’m pretty surprised that a bunch of people haven’t commented in here also.

nate5532

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It certainly has me scratching my head too.

Is this the correct Body computer? DT MY 2019 PowerNet Var.4

Users who are viewing this thread