5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Brandon982

Reaction score
Yes add me to the list! Recently bought a 19 Limited with tow mirrors. I read it over the 360 camera option was included. So I did just double check it closely enough. Now after researching to find out my mirrors caused this... ********! Called Ram and was basically told to buy a new one without towing mirrors no way to add the camera. Even if I bought the other mirrors the electrical module and wiring isnt compatible.. I love this truck but that part sucks!

kjn86

Reaction score
You all want a good laugh? Check out this link on Mopar for our infamous 7x11 tow mirrors:

https://store.mopar.com/accessories...es_towing/trailer_tow_mirrors_82215276AB.html

Not only does it show the 6x9 mirrors instead of the 7x11s, it also goes on to say 7x11s come with power and defrost... o_O

You can't make this chit up... !

Are you saying they are reporting incorrectly, or that there is a new mirror? I think this is just the description of the chrome tow mirror, which already has all those features. Unfortunately in black, there is no heat as know, but the rest is correct. It is the black part, non-heated part number though. And also the wrong picture. Basically, a disaster.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Are you saying they are reporting incorrectly, or that there is a new mirror? I think this is just the description of the chrome tow mirror, which already has all those features. Unfortunately in black, there is no heat as know, but the rest is correct. It is the black part, non-heated part number though. And also the wrong picture. Basically, a disaster.

Reporting a disaster incorrectly with the wrong picture... :p

lasstss

Reaction score
Still have not received my mirror kit from infotainment. I keep getting delays. Its been almost 1.5 months.
I may have to get my money back. Its not looking good. I would not get involved in this unless you get a hard date from this company..

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still have not received my mirror kit from infotainment. I keep getting delays. Its been almost 1.5 months.
I may have to get my money back. Its not looking good. I would not get involved in this unless you get a hard date from this company..
Doug the owner is a really good guy. I think maybe they just ran into a situation they were told a date on parts and they got pushed back. If you have patience as you already have you will get the kit. They have been doing this for the 18-down fora while now. I got a kit for my 13 from them and it works fantastic.

OEM parts sometimes especially at launch can be a while. If you cant wait I understand but they are a very honest company and will never steal from anyone. Its difficult to get hard dates because they dont contra the manufacturer. Just as the thread about a cracked windshield. Even dealers cant give a hard date on when to expect something. Thats a dealer so imagine a third party company. There are other threads of people waiting on Racks and PCMS for over a month.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
@gybob I am installing my mirrors and complete with that part. Where does the security bypass go? Can't find where to get those cables and plug into bypass. I see where the genie goes, but not bypass. Help! Thx.

gybob

Reaction score
@gybob I am installing my mirrors and complete with that part. Where does the security bypass go? Can't find where to get those cables and plug into bypass. I see where the genie goes, but not bypass. Help! Thx.
Here goes. Remove the park brake switch insert. This photo is taken through that opening. You will need to reach up from the bottom (to the left of the brake pedal) to reach the 2 connectors. Unplug the connectors and plug each one into the OBDGenie bypass. Once you're finished with OBDGenie and THE MIRRORS ARE FOLDING, unplug from the bypass and back into the moduie.

1547776727348.png

Last edited:

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Here goes. Remove the park brake switch insert. This photo is taken through that opening. You will need to reach up from the bottom (to the left of the brake pedal) to reach the 2 connectors. Unplug the connectors and plug each one into the OBDGenie bypass. Once you're finished with OBDGenie and THE MIRRORS ARE FOLDING, unplug from the bypass and back into the moduie.

View attachment 13899
Awesome...thank you...will post how it goes. I was looking forever and could not find it, so appreciate the help.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Awesome...thank you...will post how it goes. I was looking forever and could not find it, so appreciate the help.
Finally done!!! Thanks @gybob once I knew where the SGW was...it took 5 min. Ordered from Infotainment.com at end of November and just completed now. Yikes. But I will say that the new mirrors are soooo much better. My main reason to change was to see cars clearly especially on passenger side, more than the retracting (even though I want that also). But with the tow mirrors down I found it to be very confusing especially at night. Very excited to have that behind me. Here are some pix during the install.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 194

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Call them. The parts are in the warehouse. I had to call them and tell them they were in stock. I found out from another dealer that I use. Once I found out they were in stock, I called Infotainment and told them and had them ship. Hope that works for you.

Smithd

Reaction score
Wow sure a lot about heated mirrors I called dealer parts about 1400.00 not in labor. I guess no heated mirrors for me. I thought when I bought the truck if I had a rear defroster it als had headed side mirrors my bad. Thanks for info

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Those of you that purchased the mirrors from Infotainment did you install or have someone else do it? If you did it how long did it take and was it complicated?

lasstss

Reaction score
Up date, I finally have the entire kit from infotainment. Took about 7 weeks and a little frustration on my part but its here. Now I just need time to do it and figure out how to remove the door panels with no damage.

clotagames

Reaction score
I knew I was not getting folding mirrors with tow package but why isn't there a price deduction for no camera or 360 view? I came from a Ram 2500 and it had folding towing mirrors so what is so tough about that. Major fail on FCA's part.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Those of you that purchased the mirrors from Infotainment did you install or have someone else do it? If you did it how long did it take and was it complicated?
Installing Infotainment / New Mirrors. PART 1

@lasstss and @Jamesontf Here are some pix and notes from when i did mine...hope it helps. Let me know any questions.

Attachments

• Ram Mirror - 001.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 001.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
  • Ram Mirror - 002.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 002.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • Ram Mirror - 003.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 003.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Ram Mirror - 004.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 004.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Ram Mirror - 005.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 005.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 99
  • Ram Mirror - 006.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 006.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
  • Ram Mirror - 007.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • Ram Mirror - 008.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 008.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 113
  • Ram Mirror - 009.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 009.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
  • Ram Mirror - 010.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 010.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
PART 2
Now it would take me about 30 min to do. Need a second person for some of it. But sooo much better than last mirrors. Good luck.

BTW...here is a link to an Infotainment video, but it is for a 2018 / NOT 2019 Ram. So it is not exactly the same but did help me a little to be more familier with the process. So by watching the video and then my pix and notes should help for the 2019 model. I have a 2019 Laramie so not sure if the Rebel and other models are exactly the same.

Link:
Install Video for 2018 Ram (not 2019)

Attachments

• Ram Mirror - 011.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 011.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
  • Ram Mirror - 012.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 012.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
  • Ram Mirror - 013.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 013.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 159
  • Ram Mirror - 014.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 014.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
  • Ram Mirror - 015.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 015.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Excellent post gpasetta! Thank you SO much for taking the time to put it together with all the pictures, notes and link. Now if Infotainment would just ship the rest of the order I would be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread