5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing faulty radio on 2019 Ram 1500

autumnbell03

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my recent experience of the radio going out in my 19 Ram. Went to start the truck one morning and everything came on but the radio, messed around pressing some buttons and tried to do a reset and nothing worked. Took it to my local dodge dealership where I had to pay the $130+ tax to get a “diagnosis.” 4 hours later they tell me the radio is shot and that it and the 12 inch screen needed replaced.
They quoted me $2400 for parts and an additional $289 for labor. I got the parts # from them and went online and found both parts on an authorized mopar retailer website for $1200. Only problem was the radio itself was on back order and not in stock anywhere online. I had to call and find one at a dealership in Michigan and it was still $500 less than what my local dealership was quoting me for just that one part.
Everybody I talked to said it was weird that my 12 inch screen would need replaced too since the climate buttons on the side still worked, so I watched a YouTube video on how to remove the screen/dash and change the radio out. Took me about 10 minutes, which is 2 hours less than what the dealership said it would take to do. Everything was color coded and easy to unplug and plug back into the new radio, once I put it all back together and turned the truck on the screen lit right up. Let the truck sit a few hours so the new radio come update with all my controls and apps, worked just like a charm. Moral of the story is, don’t take your initial quote from the dealer everytime they say something is wrong. What was quoted to me as a $2800 repair was fixed for $1,065 and 10 minutes of actual work. Hope this can be helpful to someone!

Naythan

Reaction score
Had this happen to me 4 times already and I just disconnect the battery terminals and touch them together with a wrench for 60 seconds and that resets the computer so it would work again. Only solution I can seem to find besides the replacement.

autumnbell03

Reaction score
Had this happen to me 4 times already and I just disconnect the battery terminals and touch them together with a wrench for 60 seconds and that resets the computer so it would work again. Only solution I can seem to find besides the replacement.
That’s the first time I’ve heard someone use that remedy to fix the problem. Wish I would’ve tried that before buying a brand new radio haha

Naythan

Reaction score
That’s the first time I’ve heard someone use that remedy to fix the problem. Wish I would’ve tried that before buying a brand new radio haha
No doubt haha. Nobody seems to have any good solutions. The dealership didn't even tell me, it was a self found solution...

LV426

Reaction score
Did you keep the old radio that the dealer said was "Shot"? Never, ever trust the dealer... It is very well possible that the radio just needed a hard reset as the 12" Uconnect's are plagued with issues.

b4ville

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my recent experience of the radio going out in my 19 Ram. Went to start the truck one morning and everything came on but the radio, messed around pressing some buttons and tried to do a reset and nothing worked. Took it to my local dodge dealership where I had to pay the $130+ tax to get a “diagnosis.” 4 hours later they tell me the radio is shot and that it and the 12 inch screen needed replaced.
They quoted me $2400 for parts and an additional $289 for labor. I got the parts # from them and went online and found both parts on an authorized mopar retailer website for $1200. Only problem was the radio itself was on back order and not in stock anywhere online. I had to call and find one at a dealership in Michigan and it was still $500 less than what my local dealership was quoting me for just that one part.
Everybody I talked to said it was weird that my 12 inch screen would need replaced too since the climate buttons on the side still worked, so I watched a YouTube video on how to remove the screen/dash and change the radio out. Took me about 10 minutes, which is 2 hours less than what the dealership said it would take to do. Everything was color coded and easy to unplug and plug back into the new radio, once I put it all back together and turned the truck on the screen lit right up. Let the truck sit a few hours so the new radio come update with all my controls and apps, worked just like a charm. Moral of the story is, don’t take your initial quote from the dealer everytime they say something is wrong. What was quoted to me as a $2800 repair was fixed for $1,065 and 10 minutes of actual work. Hope this can be helpful to someone!
Throw the part no

Rebel 12

Reaction score
What about XM satellite Radio what did you have to do to get it programed to the truck

Users who are viewing this thread