5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaced 3.5” Factory Dash Speakers

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Infinity 3.0 Ohms, factory 3.0 Ohms

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

does anyone know what ohm the original speakers were and what ohm the new speakers are?
Dash speakers are 2 ohm, infinity are 3.0 ohm.

Door speakers are also 2 ohm, though I haven't removed them to check.
731046b1b1302faa68558cbf26051c13.jpg
f319367a1763986d332c88aa745b1b4d.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got some cdtaudio 6x9 mid-drivers for the front doors and infinity 3032’s for the dash corners. I think if I need to upgrade the center speaker, it will either be a JL or cdtaudio mid-driver.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@MattH @Mdog76

We’ve had some scams from new members here recently, so both of you be careful with your transaction.

Mdog76

Reaction score
How much shipped to 70437?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$25 that’s what I bought it off another guy for speaker with the harness

MattH

Reaction score
Thanks Mdog76! Speaker received. Sounds great

Kellyslater77

Reaction score
I have one extra Infinity 3032 speaker if anyone is interested. $25 Pickup on the northside of Denver preferred.

sbdf1

Reaction score
Just did this swap over lunch. Ordered everything on Amazon and it arrived fairly quickly. I got the trim removal tools too just to make it that much easier.
IMG_4623.jpeg

Install was super easy with the wiring harness so thanks to everyone on this thread for that lead.

Also I didn't have a 7mm socket so this little ratchet screw driver was a huge help (also Amazon). The space between the windshield and the screws is very small.
IMG_4628.jpeg

Haven't had a chance to test it out much but so far for the money it is 👌

And here she is in all her glory:
IMG_4625.jpeg

dklozik

Reaction score
Just picked up a new '21 and doing the speaker swap. Anyone here still have a left over speaker and harness I can use for the center speaker? Im in the Houston area.

Driverbob

Reaction score
Just Installed the Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speaker ... Super easy and WOW what a difference .. Now to get the KICKER 43DSC69304's installed.... seems I have been a little chickenshit to tear into my 21 Bighorn.... speakers been sitting for a couple weeks now... I Took Wednesday off.. maybe I will have em all done then,,, with new Door speakers do I need to Bypass the ANC?
2.jpg

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Just Installed the Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speaker ... Super easy and WOW what a difference .. Now to get the KICKER 43DSC69304's installed.... seems I have been a little chickenshit to tear into my 21 Bighorn.... speakers been sitting for a couple weeks now... I Took Wednesday off.. maybe I will have em all done then,,, with new Door speakers do I need to Bypass the ANC?
View attachment 109757
Door speakers "shouldn't" mess with the anc.

What do/did you do in the air force.

AMMO Troop here. Still active.

Driverbob

Reaction score
Door speakers "shouldn't" mess with the anc.

What do/did you do in the air force.

AMMO Troop here. Still active.

I was in Ground Trans... 2T171 1985-2006 Best time ever

Driverbob

Reaction score
All Speakers Replaced - Only broke one Push Pin on the Door ... Sound much better .. CLEAR ... dunno may still look at an amp and a lil Sub

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
I have a question for the group. I am ready to replace the dash speakers on my truck. I bought the Infinity 3032 cfx speakers. The speakers came with two capacitors in the box. Do these have to be added to the speakers before installation or can I install the speakers without them?

gmcadams

Reaction score
Just changed out my front three speakers and wow the improvement is dramatic. If anybody wants to buy a infinity 3.5” tweeter with the supporting cable adapter let me know. Located in Fort Worth TX.
i live in saginaw and need that extra speaker, i already have the corners done

Users who are viewing this thread