5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaced 3.5” Factory Dash Speakers

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
View attachment 34183

Replaced the really low quality corner dash speakers this morning. I went with the Infinity REF-3032 3.5” speakers. I now have highs and mids. The improvement was dramatic.

View attachment 34179

Low quality stocks speaker came in at 5oz.

View attachment 34180

Infinity’s with the much larger magnets came in at 12oz. Huge difference.

View attachment 34182

Easy two screw install took a little under and hour. The wiring harnesses shipped free with the speakers from Crutchfield made the swap very smooth. Getting the screws out right next to the windshield proofed to be the toughest part. I ended up using a 7mm socket vs. the Phillips head route. Much easier.

Interesting about the wiring harness as it is one thing that it doesn't state it comes with, but I'm sure they always throw them in for free.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just changed out my front three speakers and wow the improvement is dramatic. If anybody wants to buy a infinity 3.5” tweeter with the supporting cable adapter let me know. Located in Fort Worth TX.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Just changed out my front three speakers and wow the improvement is dramatic. If anybody wants to buy a infinity 3.5” tweeter with the supporting cable adapter let me know. Located in Fort Worth TX.

And I got another one available with harness so y’all can have two lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcosub

Reaction score
Looks like Amazon doesn’t carry the plug and play connector for these.

aswain511

Reaction score
I couldn't get the Red Wolf harness to work for my 2021 (I have a problem with breaking harnesses, so I didn't push it). Looks like the pins are nowhere near the female holes. Their description says it works for the 21 though. Anyone have any issues?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't get the Red Wolf harness to work for my 2021 (I have a problem with breaking harnesses, so I didn't push it). Looks like the pins are nowhere near the female holes. Their description says it works for the 21 though. Anyone have any issues?
Yeah when I tried to install mine the pins were too far down so I just used my keys to adjust them up a little. It worked perfect after that!

aswain511

Reaction score
No problem man! let us know what you think.
Worked like champ since I didn’t snap a pin, which is a win in itself. Pretty happy with the Infinity’s too. Seemed to real clean up the highs. The passenger didn’t align with the holes as cleanly as I hoped, but I got it in and snugged

thanks again

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I hear ya on the initial sound after swapping all 3. I had to adjust the Mid from +1 to -3 and Treble from +9 to +3 to suit my ears. The Infinity’s are MUCH brighter than the stock Alpines.
I did Infinity's in the corners and rear ceiling and loved it. Added the middle and it was way too bright and I couldn't get it just right after that. I took the center infinity out and un-soldered the tweeter and re-installed it mid-range only. Its perfect now! Obviously sound is subjective, but it made it more manageable and "full."

Plus if I ever wanted to, a dab of solder and they are 2-way again.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 113

MattH

Reaction score
Anyone have a single Infinity and wiring harness for sale still?

bearlobo

Reaction score
does anyone know what ohm the original speakers were and what ohm the new speakers are?

Users who are viewing this thread