5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace rear slider with solid window?

shktrk

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to replace their rear sliding window with a solid back window? My rear window surround is cracked and leaking, as most are. I was wondering if I could get it replaced with a solid back window under warranty to alleviate it happening again. @RamCares

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to replace their rear sliding window with a solid back window? My rear window surround is cracked and leaking, as most are. I was wondering if I could get it replaced with a solid back window under warranty to alleviate it happening again. @RamCares

They can’t under warranty because then the truck is out of spec. I asked when mine cracked. Though my replacement has lasted almost 2 years so I think they got the fix right. There was an issue of the wrong kind of adhesive being used that dried too stiffly which led to cracks at the weak point.

If the replace with a solid window then your rear slider buttons won’t work etc and that’s why fca said they won’t replace with a solid window. Warranty work has to have the exact part replaced as spec’d for your specific truck

You could have safelight or similar replace it for you for 500 out of your own pocket if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Ram Cares

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this done on my Titan. In hindsight I should have just replaced the slider. The solid window wasn't any better, as the leaking wasn't from the window itself but from around the sealing rubber that holds the window into the body of the truck. It was actually the "last straw", so to speak, that moved me from a 15 year old truck into my Ram. Though my old truck is still tooling around town; I see it drive by occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online