5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing cell modem?

Correct. The shark fin contains the am/fm radio antenna (directly to the radio), cellular antenna, and SDARS antenna (both of those cables go to the TBM). LTE antenna is mounted on the TBM.
Since the Sirius xm tuner is in the radio module, you are just bypassing the TBM, and connecting the SDARS cable from the shark fin directly to the radio. That way, xm will still work, along with the compass and native maps (well, native maps would still work anyway, but the direction arrow and heading might get a little confused sometimes).

now I just need to figure out how to get to the TBM……

now I just need to figure out how to get to the TBM……
Use the documents posted above. It’s pretty straightforward. Remove the lower glovebox, remove the carpet close out panel under the glovebox, pull the knee panel dividing the upper and lower gloveboxes, remove all the bolts for the glovebox frames, remove upper glovebox, and unbolt the TBM from the dash frame tube to access the connectors.

Here’s a little more detail with pics. It’s for an HD ram, but the 1500 is identical:
Jimmy you are an electrical genius. Do you know about Durangos? There are no good Durango forums like this that I can find. I want to add blind spot warning, but can't find anything.

Jimmy you are an electrical genius. Do you know about Durangos? There are no good Durango forums like this that I can find. I want to add blind spot warning, but can't find anything.
Had a Durango RT since 2019. It’s just not that forum-popular. I’ve cobbled most of my info together from JGC forums since it’s practically the same vehicle.

Correct. The shark fin contains the am/fm radio antenna (directly to the radio), cellular antenna, and SDARS antenna (both of those cables go to the TBM). LTE antenna is mounted on the TBM.
Since the Sirius xm tuner is in the radio module, you are just bypassing the TBM, and connecting the SDARS cable from the shark fin directly to the radio. That way, xm will still work, along with the compass and native maps (well, native maps would still work anyway, but the direction arrow and heading might get a little confused sometimes).
What about the Android Auto & Bluetooth? Where are they located (TBM or radio unit)? Do they work when TBM is disabled?

What about the Android Auto & Bluetooth? Where are they located (TBM or radio unit)? Do they work when TBM is disabled?
Those are in the radio. When you connect with AA it uses the built in gps. If it's disconnected I'm not sure if it would properly fail back to the gps on your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back