5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start not working when cold

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started again today at -26°C. Whatever flash update they did seems to have fixed the issue with my ecodiesel.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Good to hear it’s working. I haven’t had any issues since the update either.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had an issue where remote start bailed me out. My truck has been sitting in my heated garage for over a month while I've been recovering from back surgery. I jumped in, put my foot on the brake pedal, push the ignition button twice....nothing. The dash indications looked normal, so I turned it off and tried again 3 more times...nothing. I looked at my battery gauge and it showed just below the mid point. I jumped out,l of my truck, closed the door and pushed the remote start button twice. She fired right up. In my case, it appears low voltage wasn't the issue but I didn't look at the digital gauge, so I'm not sure where the actual battery voltage was at.

Mslav

Reaction score
Yesterday 14 F didn't work today 16 F and it worked...just frustrating and the dealer has no clue...

n8zcc

Reaction score
I have a 4 day old 2022 Longhorn ECODiesel, the past two mornings we have been -7F -4F, and remote start worked both mornings.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has fired up everytime since the update. -15°C tonight and truck has been sitting for two days. I will try tomorrow and update if it works.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update. Truck sat for 2 days, -22°C this morning and she fired right up.

ABuchho

Reaction score
Having the same issue this year in the cold. Anyone else notice the 2wd, 4wd lights by the cluster also flickering when it's cold out? Come back to normal after the truck warms up but notice that and the faulty remote start happening at the same time...

jtodd5781

Reaction score
From my book of lessons learned, new does not imply good, it only implies expected good.
That is true, however when I put a heater blanket on it, it has started every morning when it's cold out. And the previous battery tested fine and they only put a new battery on it because I complained that it was doing the exact same thing after they tested it.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnd…..not working again. Lmfao. Oh well. New battery anyway. Guess I’ll mention it next time she’s in. Only -20C here today and the FU single honk brought reality crashing back home.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine did not start the other day when it was cold. It fired up when I got in and hit the button.

I realized the problem when I looked down at the yellow fuel pump "Insert another $100" symbol. 😔

Just low on gas. Again......

Users who are viewing this thread