5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Mount Oil Filter

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with Jim Foster also, about three days ago, and he stated the same timeframe as to you for the new HP10596 kit. He thought a "nut" was being changed, but Eric called me yesterday and stated that the "seals" are being changed to a "poly"-blah-blah-blah. When I said, "so Viton", he said sounds right(??).

I'm do for my first oil change in about 3-4weeks tops, so hoping the new kit arrives asap.

My Fumoto drain valve arrives this Saturday. 🤗

PS...I did put the Amazon 217 & 230 O-ring kits on my Wish List just in case.
Yes, Thanks for the post. I'm going to install the kit also in a couple of months.
As stated in the other post above, hopefully they've changed O-rings but at least I'll know to keep an eye on it.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
I found the leak coming from the top o-ring, on the part that mounts to where the OEM filter would go. The o-rings that came with the pacbrake kit are -217 and -230 Buna-n, with a shore rating of 70.
I ordered replacement ones made of Viton and 75 shore rating (slightly stiffer/harder). The only thing I suspect is that the Buna-n failed due to the temperature, which is probably only rated at -40-225F. The Viton is rated for -15-400F.. I live in south florida and my oil temp is usually always hovering around 220 after being warmed up.. Let's see how it goes this weekend when I swap them out.
How many miles were on the original kit seals?

MS Delta

Reaction score
That is disappointing that the kit wasn’t really ready for release. Makes me hesitant…

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I cleaned all the residual oil that may have dripped during the removal process, got back under the truck today and I can still see a small drop of oil forming around BOTH fitting threads, so I may have fixed one leak, but possibly created/discovered another.. I will retighten the fittings, but if i still see oil drops forming around this area I will just have to remove the oil relocation kit. It's a shame because it really made oil changes such a breeze and allowed me to use bigger oil filters, like the old MO-899.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cleaned all the residual oil that may have dripped during the removal process, got back under the truck today and I can still see a small drop of oil forming around BOTH fitting threads, so I may have fixed one leak, but possibly created/discovered another.. I will retighten the fittings, but if i still see oil drops forming around this area I will just have to remove the oil relocation kit. It's a shame because it really made oil changes such a breeze and allowed me to use bigger oil filters, like the old MO-899.
Make sure the oil isn't coming from somewhere else. On my truck, the oil filter always had a film of oil on it I attributed to not being tight enough. Then I started seeing drops of oil under the truck. Little bit of research and the oil pressure sensor is a common culprit. Mine wasn't even jnd right. I got at least three ful turns out of it. Haven't had any oil leak since

Ramboh

Reaction score
It was such a pain getting the fittings clocked correctly and then getting all the fittings tight enough with such little space there. Have to get crafty with the wrenches.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was such a pain getting the fittings clocked correctly and then getting all the fittings tight enough with such little space there. Have to get crafty with the wrenches.

So the fittings also have o-rings, right? Did they get changed?

Ready Go

Reaction score
So the fittings also have o-rings, right? Did they get changed?
I'm wondering the same thing.
They didn't specify which ones to me..I assumed the 217 & 230, but maybe all of them are changing, we'll find out soon.👍

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Make sure the oil isn't coming from somewhere else. On my truck, the oil filter always had a film of oil on it I attributed to not being tight enough. Then I started seeing drops of oil under the truck. Little bit of research and the oil pressure sensor is a common culprit. Mine wasn't even jnd right. I got at least three ful turns out of it. Haven't had any oil leak since
I checked again today and the pressure sensor is clean, no leaks from there.

I still see the leak from the top part of the housing and also from the fittings.

Not really sure what more I can do to fix it.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Use loctite 545 on the fittings and they wont leak. I wonder if your block plate was moving (rotating) back and forth causing o-ring wear. Ive got mine cranked down tight and it doesn't move around.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those remote mount filter oil lines must be tough, as short and stiff as they are.
Imagine all the twisting forces every time the engine goes under load and rotates in its mounts.

I just talked my self out of buying a remote mount kit...

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Use loctite 545 on the fittings and they wont leak. I wonder if your block plate was moving (rotating) back and forth causing o-ring wear. Ive got mine cranked down tight and it doesn't move around.

I still see leaks from the top of the block plate though, not just the fittings, and I did crank down on the middle locking nut as far as it would go.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Does anyone know what changed on the new pacbrake kit?
The HP10363 kit now became HP10596...the two main O-rings that seal the adapter to the engine block are new material...now blue colored, as seen in the pics.

Jim Foster from Pacbrake confirmed this as the only change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312-212746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-212746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240312-212823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-212823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 26

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
The HP10363 kit now became HP10596...the two main O-rings that seal the adapter to the engine block are new material...now blue colored, as seen in the pics.

Jim Foster from Pacbrake confirmed this as the only change.
I'm curious, they must've resized something, the previous O-Ring sizes were -230 and -217, new one is listed as -230 and -124 in the manuals. So the center locking nut o ring must have been sized up actually?

Dash Number124
Width3/32
ID1 1/4
OD1 7/16

Dash Number217
Width1/8
ID1 3/16
OD1 7/16

Last edited:

Ready Go

Reaction score
Installed the Pacbrake HP10596 kit and Fumoto F106S valve today.

Took me a few hours, but I like to work slow and smooth, so everything worked out without any problems.

I used an SRT-MO-041 filter left over from my Challenger SRT392, and ended up using almost exactly 8.0qts of Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 Full Synthetic oil.

I'm sending off an oil sample to Blackstone to see how it looks.

Next oil change is gonna be WAY easier now!! I put Fumoto valves on all my vehicles, but the Pacbrake remote is awesome too!

Attachments

• 20240316_134838.jpg
    20240316_134838.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240316_134811.jpg
    20240316_134811.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240316_111017.jpg
    20240316_111017.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread