5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RELEASE THE KIT ALREADY BDS!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol why is it that I never run into any other Jersey Ram owners that are modded lol.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never see any 19 Rams that have been modded either...I spent more on aftermarket parts on my bike than the truck....only because BDS drags their feet. :ROFLMAO:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why don’t you guys just buy other brands if you actually want a lift? BDS isn’t the gold standard.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol it’s not that serious for me as for now my Mopar one is taking care of business. :)

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to pull the trigger on it!! I can't afford the coilovers but it will a much better ride than the Readylift!!!

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. When you do please let us know. Maybe we can meet somewhere and I can see if I also should pull the trigger. :)

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a no brainer but if you have the MOPAR kit not sure why you'd want to upgrade? The Readylift ride is ok but I want more...plus a bit more height :)

I'm in Monmouth County

GnarlKill112

Reaction score
I am sure, lot of people are desperately waiting for the BDS lift kit as I am, but just wondering if anyone heard recent news or something.
I emailed them the other day about buying the 4” lift around June and they replied it should be out if all goes as planned by then.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Well if it goes well for you, then welcome to the 4” BDS gang. :)

Cesar Frias

Reaction score
Have some one tried the 4” BDS kit in a 2019 ram 1500 limited with air ride? If so, with 35X12.5R22 runs ok? No vibration nor sluggish ride? What about MPG change? Thanks!

SColang22

Reaction score
Have some one tried the 4” BDS kit in a 2019 ram 1500 limited with air ride? If so, with 35X12.5R22 runs ok? No vibration nor sluggish ride? What about MPG change? Thanks!
The nature of adding bigger tires is having reduced power. Depends on what you consider sluggish. I run 35x12.5 with a 3.21 and it runs fine to me

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The nature of adding bigger tires is having reduced power. Depends on what you consider sluggish. I run 35x12.5 with a 3.21 and it runs fine to me
You would notice a big difference with the 3.92...especially with the 35's

Cesar Frias

Reaction score
Thank you SColang22, that is what I wanted to read, I also have a ram truck but with an air suspension so I was wondering if it was good idea to lift it with the BDS suspension 4", I also have a gear ratio of 3.92. Thanks again!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you SColang22, that is what I wanted to read, I also have a ram truck but with an air suspension so I was wondering if it was good idea to lift it with the BDS suspension 4", I also have a gear ratio of 3.92. Thanks again!

the gear ratio matters but there’s other factors at play such as Rolling resistance (weight, width, tread aggressiveness) of wheel tire setup and transmission (4spd vs 6 vs modern 8). If you have 12 wides and aggressive mud tires and try to run 75 on the highway all the time through rolling hills it will become annoying. But that’s an extreme case really, I wouldn’t be worried about anything with a 4” kit and normal usage. Especially with a moderate wheel/tire setup.

SColang22

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say it’s a bad decision.
You would notice a big difference with the 3.92...especially with the 35's
ive had both and really it’s not much different

Users who are viewing this thread