5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RELEASE THE KIT ALREADY BDS!

bloodholic

Reaction score
I am sure, lot of people are desperately waiting for the BDS lift kit as I am, but just wondering if anyone heard recent news or something.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Not sure what the BDS lift kit is? Personally I'm waiting for Bilstein to come out with their leveling shocks for the 5th GEN 1500s.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve contacted them and am still getting the runaround about no eta and no price point..

SColang22

Reaction score
Last
I am sure, lot of people are desperately waiting for the BDS lift kit as I am, but just wondering if anyone heard recent news or something.
I heard they said within 6 months. Probably looking around the same price as the 18

PorBoy

Reaction score
They told me in September they would be releasing something within 6 months. That was the last time that I could get an official comment from them.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m waiting on superlift lol. They are supposed to be doing something with King like they did on the Silverados but who knows when that will come around. Might be years or never.

As well as FTS to go finalize their 8 and 10 kits.

bloodholic

Reaction score
I’m waiting on superlift lol. They are supposed to be doing something with King like they did on the Silverados but who knows when that will come around. Might be years or never.

As well as FTS to go finalize their 8 and 10 kits.
I n
Last

I heard they said within 6 months. Probably looking around the same price as the 18
They told me 6months, 6 months ago lol

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea bds doesn’t give any sort of estimates, so whoever told you that was just talking non sense. They are annoyingly quiet about their products before they release them.

I was told the issue was that ram didn’t release any information or test trucks before hand. So no one had a jump on making kits before they were released.

But at this point it’s been almost a year so there’s really no excuse to me. These trucks aren’t much different than the old ones. I think the many different combinations of suspension options probably has them in a bind. Like the basic trucks vs the ORP vs the rebel and so forth.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Still as a company that soley does suspension I’m sure if they put out several calls, various versions of Rams would have been at their disposal. Again just speculation on my part as I do not do retail.

Thepittoo

Reaction score
I have the 6" pro comp. No problems so far

Attachments

• 20190414_174423.jpg
    20190414_174423.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 111

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with you, it’s ridiculous. I’ve mostly written them off entirely because of this. I’m going FTS, I want the extra height. I highly doubt BDS will offer anything over 6”, and probably won’t even offer that for the rebel.

bloodholic

Reaction score
I agree with you, it’s ridiculous. I’ve mostly written them off entirely because of this. I’m going FTS, I want the extra height. I highly doubt BDS will offer anything over 6”, and probably won’t even offer that for the rebel.
I might have to go with FTS too if they dont release 6inch for rebel. Don't really want to lose ride quality.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was considering the fabtech kit too, but if you swap to the dirt logics you lose that extra inch or so from the rebel. But you could crank the coilover up to get it back.

The setup I really want is FTS 6 drop brackets and custom length icon coilover set around ~7.75” over stock rebel height. Or maybe Kings and maybe superlift over FTS if they are actually doing a kit. He says they are...

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They wont say anything until it's in stock...I've given up and plan to go with the Readylift

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’ve stopped thinking of them and if and when they officially announce something, I MAY consider doing business with them.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram didn't do the after market any favors when it comes to lifting these trucks. 3 different factory shock options, different ride heights, different spindles depending on whether the truck comes with 22 inch wheels from the factory and uses the larger hub. hubs with and without the regenerative breaking and so on. Similar thing happened on the GM trucks when the K2XX platform came out, they had two completely different front suspensions, one was forged steel and one was cast aluminum, they each had unique spindles with different ball joints, which meant 2 different spindle designs, even a simple UCA swap meant 2 different designs because of the different upper ball joints, then mid platform they standardized to stamped steel control arms but kept the ball joint and spindle design of the aluminum. Avondale parts finally has the 2019 DT listed on the website and if you look up suspension components they have over 30 different coil spring part numbers listed for the front suspension alone, this list is in incomplete as there are a lot of parts missing. It only shows a left knuckle for a 4wd and right knuckles for 2wd with or without air. One would assume you have knuckles for 2wd versus 4wd, air versus coil spring, and the knuckles for both for the larger hub for the 22 inch wheels. This has become the norm for all manufactures and makes aftermarket parts like lift kits very specific to trim levels, and a huge headache for the lift kit manufacturers. Its going to take time for them to get everything sorted. Even something simple like the billstien leveling shocks. Do you build 3 different models, one for the standard, one for the offroad package and one for the rebel? Since they reuse the front spring and there's several different versions of the front springs, do you offer unique valving for each or just throw out a one size fits all that's just ok for everything but not great for anything specific, if there's no improvement over the stock stuff where's the incentive to purchase? Procomp, Fabtech and RC all have kits out so obviously most of the parts are interchangeable, BDS tends to offer a higher level of fit and quality and you pay for it, so I'm sure they want everything dialed in before they put something out there.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com...ont-suspension-cat/suspension-components-scat

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I created this, if anyone wants to see the FTS 10-12 kit on their sema truck.

bloodholic

Reaction score
They wont say anything until it's in stock...I've given up and plan to go with the Readylift
I Thought about that too but I want 35 with no rubbing issue. plus mud flap to avoid any cops attention

Users who are viewing this thread