5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding the recent upswing of negativity on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Really guys?? I face things head on and dont want to sugar coat life. If people came here to get info, learn about issues/problems which there are. What's the beef fellow owners? Facts a fact. At the same time how dare anyone tell anther owner well it's the 1st run, issues are expected!! I know that's usually the case but I would never tell someone that's the experience to expect. I will say one day the vast majority of posts will be POSITIVE, you must also understand people come here for advice, and information. I've bought many new vehicles- this RAM has more issues than anything I've ever paid for. I know that they will get ironed out- let's not be so ridiculous to regulate bad experiences. Guess what, I agree there are many issues on here.. that tells me they need to be addressed, not to tell people-live with it until they figure it out! Most top teir manufacturers dont rush things into production for a reason- damage to the brand. Same goes for positive experiences who love the truck- no need to hold back there either! Enough about the too much negativity.. If it's the Brand I bought into I know it will be made right (in time) at the same time I dont hop on here to read about how this new Gen was delivered without issues.. When that's the case I know it mid as well be called "FCA Investors" guidance about the next quarter earnings

i don't think there is a problem with MINIMAL venting. the MAJOR negativity should be taken up with the dealer and then reported here (on the forum). 99% of the guys want to help and get to the bottom of whats going on. there are many personalities on this form but each has one "end game" help others and be educated by others. ;)

Icecold77

Reaction score
i don't think there is a problem with MINIMAL venting. the MAJOR negativity should be taken up with the dealer and then reported here (on the forum). 99% of the guys want to help and get to the bottom of whats going on. there are many personalities on this form but each has one "end game" help others and be educated by others. ;)

Again, I wouldn't tell someone to vent or not. Agree its a great place for info I'd rather help or try to than tell people just be happy with your purchase. I personally dont care about personalities on any forum. If I signed up to make someone happy please kick me out now. I've been apart of car/truck forums since I bought my new Corvette when I was 22, I'm 41 now. Learned so much. Have never told or been told to smile, or just post about how great my new wheels are. Reminds me of my Mom on crappy vacations as a kid! Your having fun!! Right...lol

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again, I wouldn't tell someone to vent or not. Agree its a great place for info I'd rather help or try to than tell people just be happy with your purchase. I personally dont care about personalities on any forum. If I signed up to make someone happy please kick me out now. I've been apart of car/truck forums since I bought my new Corvette when I was 22, I'm 41 now. Learned so much. Have never told or been told to smile, or just post about how great my new wheels are. Reminds me of my Mom on crappy vacations as a kid! Your having fun!! Right...lol

You have a good point a few things but for the most part me thinks you missed his point on the main subject. Negatives about the same subject by the same person over and over is not going to solve anything imo was what he was making reference to.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I didn't miss the point. I understand someone repeating the same problem again and again looks, and sounds negative. At the same time my point was this isnt a RAM fans forum, its an owners forum with good and bads.. Hence the reason I said let's hear positives also. Either way.. I hope everyone enjoys their new truck- sooner than later. I'll leave it at that.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't miss the point. I understand someone repeating the same problem again and again looks, and sounds negative. At the same time my point was this isnt a RAM fans forum, its an owners forum with good and bads.. Hence the reason I said let's hear positives also. Either way.. I hope everyone enjoys their new truck- sooner than later. I'll leave it at that.
Your correct in part negatives must exist and be stated to be solved for sure. But, one post went kinda like this "I hate my Ram cause my f-150 is by far a better truck" absolute nothing contributed to our forum or its purpose with that example. But trolls exist in all forums and "know it alls" who insult other members most of the times with their little know it all Rude buddies,just wears some really good members out fast! Our Forums here seems to be pretty much free from the type with perhaps the Moderators trying to keep it as such.:)
Myself i have owned a many new cars and trucks during life so far....No Brand I have ever owned has yet to come with no issues what so ever with the exception of one! When we stop learning from others we cease to exist imo. Thanks for the wish to all of us to enjoy our new trucks sooner than later! The same to you too Sir:)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is an old thread that was put up during a time of trolling and some members who were not getting along. Out of that context I can see where these recent comments are valid.

I am locking this thread for the time being, as it seems, that it has caused a controversy vs. Solving the issue we had at that particular time.

As of right now we have 2986 members, and really...no real membership problems.

There are issues with the truck, and this is the only community I have seen take them head on and come up with fixes and keep FCA and the dealers on their toes.

We welcome all discussion both bad news and good news. We are not a fan site as there are probably more converts here than Ram diehards.

Please continue to post your problems, but continue to do so in a manner that leads to discussion and not more frustration.

Please also give us the good news, without it having to be taken back to the bad.

And pictures, we love pictures...and a few have even made videos, showing both them having an awesome time doing truck stuff...or trying to figure out an issue rather than gripe about it.

By far the Best 5th Gen Forum on the web, and quite may be the best group of owners, browsers, and fans on the internet.

Thanks to all.

Also, try the search button,and when you decide to engage in conversations, please fill out your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread