5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refresh for 2024 models?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think a I6 twin turbo will sell? Tundra has no issues selling.

Do you think a I6 twin turbo will sell? Tundra has no issues selling.
Ford has like an 80% take rate on the V6 turbo over the V8. I personally would rather have a v8 but that said I don't think Ram will have an issue selling them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ford has like an 80% take rate on the V6 turbo over the V8. I personally would rather have a v8 but that said I don't think Ram will have an issue selling them.
Right....
I wouldn't "take a Ford" with a v6 turbo so I got a Ram with an Hemi.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Read an article somewhere. Last several years stellantis has given the NHTSA hundreds of millions of dollars each year for keeping the hemi around since 2018. Don't know about you folks but if I was loosing all of that money, I would change too.

Definitely sucks for us v8 lovers, but with no other engine options, folks really only bought the v8...and it hurt their wallet big time.

Here is the article

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That article and CAFE is a bit misleading.
If you look at the actual documentation it has unreachable numbers. so Ram will always get charged until they no longer produce ICE including the new I6 since it will get nowhere close to 49mpg.
This is copy and pasted from the government website

"NHTSA finalizes CAFE Standards for MYs 2024-2026. The final rule establishes standards that would require an industry-wide fleet average of approximately 49 mpg for passenger cars and light trucks in model year 2026, by increasing fuel efficiency by 8% annually for model years 2024 and 2025, and 10% annually for model year 2026. The agency projects the final standards will save consumers nearly $1,400 in total fuel expenses over the lifetimes of vehicles produced in these model years"

It's not possible nor will it ever be possible to make pickup trucks get 49mpg no matter what engine they have unless there is a breakthrough in ICE.
And saving $1,400 over the LIFE of the vehicle, who even cares. $1400 buys you a set of truck tires and I don't see them coming down on the tire industry (maybe they are and I just don't know?)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hornet just looks like another econobox.
Just saw one on a lot. Gas mileage isn’t exactly a selling point. An EcoDiesel RAM will do just as well.🙄

50391CED-7BCF-412B-BAA6-ADB121F4272A.jpeg
6E974AA8-6D57-41FD-9027-20E8DBE13C5F.jpeg

SD Rebel

Reaction score

I'm a Ford guy, and I had an Ecoboost and loved it. That being said, I went with RAM because I was interested in the V8 sound for my next truck and I could get a better deal price wise with RAM.

Once RAM is just the same as everyone else, (though Ford & GM will still have V8s) I'm not sure what the selling point would be for me. The Hemi is a big part of the "identity" of these 1500s. Plus I haven't been very enthused with the dealership service network from CDJR so far, I would be hard pressed to pick another RAM going forward.

That's not to say they will have issues selling trucks. Maybe this can open up their market to a bigger audience who want smaller displacement engines.

Dewey

Reaction score
Yeah but they’re killing the ecodiesel
I know. Just using it for a comparison. It’s ludicrous they basically have the same fuel economy numbers.

John Galt

Reaction score
But it’s a GT😆
It’s the Dodge Neon all over again.

19-year-old ricers with parents’ money to burn?

maybe for their next trick they’ll produce a cheap sedan of awful quality and terrible performance that looks like a Bentley.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The Hornet is interesting, essential a Alfa Romeo Tonale with Dodge badges tacked on.

I know Alfa wasn't too happy with sharing this car with Dodge, especially after Dodge undercut the Alfa Tonale in the US market. You have to share a car you developed with your new American cousins and then they undercut you in their market, got to hurt.

But for that price, I rather just bite the bullet and get a Tesla Model 3. Right now a RWD is as cheap as $28,000 with Fed & State credits, cheaper than a loaded Toyota Corolla. 275 mile range and the newest LFP battery pack. That battery is fine charging all the time at 100% instead of 80%. Looking mighty temping I say to get a full on EV.

Last edited:

John Galt

Reaction score
Meh. I’d rather have the Giulia Quadrifoglio.

oh wait….they killed that one off too.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure a refresh is coming but as with all Chrysler or Stellantis cars it is taking longer than it should. They keep focusing on the low margin South American market and spending money on electric crap that. As someone said earlier, the HD’s are still a fourth Gen truck that came out in 2009, which I find unacceptable.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy, and I had an Ecoboost and loved it. That being said, I went with RAM because I was interested in the V8 sound for my next truck and I could get a better deal price wise with RAM.

Once RAM is just the same as everyone else, (though Ford & GM will still have V8s) I'm not sure what the selling point would be for me. The Hemi is a big part of the "identity" of these 1500s. Plus I haven't been very enthused with the dealership service network from CDJR so far, I would be hard pressed to pick another RAM going forward.

That's not to say they will have issues selling trucks. Maybe this can open up their market to a bigger audience who want smaller displacement engines.

And THIS is exactly what people need to be writing Stellantis and telling them.

Ford and GM offer choice. Ram/Dodge/Jeep going forward won't. That's going to be a problem.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure a refresh is coming but as with all Chrysler or Stellantis cars it is taking longer than it should. They keep focusing on the low margin South American market and spending money on electric crap that. As someone said earlier, the HD’s are still a fourth Gen truck that came out in 2009, which I find unacceptable.
What makes you think that the South American market is low margin for Stellantis?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw one on a lot. Gas mileage isn’t exactly a selling point. An EcoDiesel RAM will do just as well.🙄

View attachment 161104
View attachment 161105
That’s as atrocious as the Dodge Caliber from the early 2000’s. I had an ‘04 neon srt-4 when Dodge released the Caliber srt-4 and I was completely appalled by the change. I was deep into turbo 4 power at the time, so I ended up saying “screw Dodge” and bought an ‘08 Mitsubishi evolution.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s as atrocious as the Dodge Caliber from the early 2000’s. I had an ‘04 neon srt-4 when Dodge released the Caliber srt-4 and I was completely appalled by the change. I was deep into turbo 4 power at the time, so I ended up saying “screw Dodge” and bought an ‘08 Mitsubishi evolution.
Were you appalled because the Caliber SRT-4 had better performance from the factory than your Neon?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Prices did go up on the 2024 DTs. No big changes at the start of 2024 orders/builds. I just built a 2024 and 2023 Backcountry w/ same options, 2024 was $400 more.

I realize you work at a dealership, but the order banks for the 2024 DT's is not open yet. My dealer and a few others have commented that once orders open up, pricing will not be available for 30-60 days.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I realize you work at a dealership, but the order banks for the 2024 DT's is not open yet. My dealer and a few others have commented that once orders open up, pricing will not be available for 30-60 days.
This is a short sample size of current 2024 orders, all the orders are in "C" status.

Attachments

• 2024dt.PNG
    2024dt.PNG
    75.8 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread