5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refresh for 2024 models?

TxRN

Reaction score
I want the current generation to last like the 4th gen. So no care for refresh.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy, so I find it so weird that Dodge and RAM, two companies who's recent identities are built on the Muscle image and Hemi V8 are the ones dumping them. I wonder if the leadership at Stellantis realize how this may not work out the way they think?
I agree. I don't thin the Stellantis leaders have a clue what the result will be. But then, gGiven that Stellantis is an European company, they may not care. It's not too surprising that they are shunning the Hemi. As a European company, they don't understand trucks or truck owners and the the fierce loyalty that many truck owners have. The companies that bought Chrysler over the years always thought that Jeep was the crown jewel and were told that by the American media

John Galt

Reaction score
I agree. I don't thin the Stellantis leaders have a clue what the result will be. But then, gGiven that Stellantis is an European company, they may not care. It's not too surprising that they are shunning the Hemi. As a European company, they don't understand trucks or truck owners and the the fierce loyalty that many truck owners have. The companies that bought Chrysler over the years always thought that Jeep was the crown jewel and were told that by the American media
The DO understand drops in revenue so we’ll see. I won’t buy a truck without a V8.

however, I don’t think theyr getting rid of the 6.4 gas option on the HDs. An HD truck with a turbo 6 would be a joke.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

That makes sense. I remember that Marchionne, when he was in control (God rest him), that he understood the connection of pick-ups with Americans. He equated them to old west and horses, not a bad analogy.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they pushed back the mid-cycle refresh until the 2025 model year, so expect it on sale late 2024.
A guy who has access to internal scheduling at Ram has stated that the 2025 model year is currently scheduled to begin in early January 2024. The 2024 model year will be very limited. If that’s true, then I would expect to see them for sale (or pre-order) in late 2023.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
A guy who has access to internal scheduling at Ram has stated that the 2025 model year is currently scheduled to begin in early January 2024. The 2024 model year will be very limited. If that’s true, then I would expect to see them for sale (or pre-order) in late 2023.

Not so bad then, so we should see this refresh in pictures at least by ending quarter of this year.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not so bad then, so we should see this refresh in pictures at least by ending quarter of this year.
I’ve not heard anything about a refresh. Only the switch to Hurricane engines. Honestly, I’d be a little surprised if they spent the time and effort to update the styling, given that the REV is the next big thing (and would probably be considered to be the 6th Gen).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve not heard anything about a refresh. Only the switch to Hurricane engines. Honestly, I’d be a little surprised if they spent the time and effort to update the styling, given that the REV is the next big thing (and would probably be considered to be the 6th Gen).
If the REV is 6th gen, that's a really sad generation upgrade.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read an article somewhere. Last several years stellantis has given the NHTSA hundreds of millions of dollars each year for keeping the hemi around since 2018. Don't know about you folks but if I was loosing all of that money, I would change too.

Definitely sucks for us v8 lovers, but with no other engine options, folks really only bought the v8...and it hurt their wallet big time.

Here is the article

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SD Rebel

Reaction score

REV is considered a completely different platform and product, just as the Ford Lighting isn't considered a mainstream F150. They have a ways to go before high production full size trucks will be all EV.

2025 has been confirmed at the official mid-cycle refresh for the DT RAM 1500. It's actually 2 years late, due to Covid. There are pictures of test trucks with the front & rear facias and interior covered to hide the updates.

As good as the current DT RAM is, it's overdue for this update. GM did their mid-cycle already for the 2022 model year, and that truck came out all new in 2019, same as RAM. The F150 is a little out of sync since they did a complete redesign for 2021, but they will have a refresh for 2024 model year, 1 year earlier model year than RAM's update.

Considering how sales are going for RAM this year, in relation to GM and Ford, they clearly need an update sooner than later.

Here is a basic article about the 2025 Update, they don't confirm it in this article, but other sites have:

Last edited:

John Galt

Reaction score
Read an article somewhere. Last several years stellantis has given the NHTSA hundreds of millions of dollars each year for keeping the hemi around since 2018. Don't know about you folks but if I was loosing all of that money, I would change too.

Definitely sucks for us v8 lovers, but with no other engine options, folks really only bought the v8...and it hurt their wallet big time.

Here is the article

However much it costs them, its better than zero revenue because nobody is buying your vehicles.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
However much it costs them, its better than zero revenue because nobody is buying your vehicles.
Yeah...I don't know about that one. I'm sure that the v6 turbo will sell, and they will make money from it Lots of folks are buying trucks...they can take a hit in sales and still be a solid 3rd place behind silverado and Ford f150.

2022 sales

Ford...653k
Silverado...523k
Ram trucks...468k
Gmc Sierra..241k
Tundra...104k

Dewey

Reaction score
Stellantis and muscle is dead after 2024
Yup. No more Hellcat commercials. The big excitement for them now is the Dodge Hornet. Every single time that commercial plays all I can do is shake my head. What in the hell are they thinking?🙄

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...I don't know about that one. I'm sure that the v6 turbo will sell, and they will make money from it Lots of folks are buying trucks...they can take a hit in sales and still be a solid 3rd place behind silverado and Ford f150.

2022 sales

Ford...653k
Silverado...523k
Ram trucks...468k
Gmc Sierra..241k
Tundra...104k

Do you think a I6 twin turbo will sell? Tundra has no issues selling.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think a I6 twin turbo will sell? Tundra has no issues selling.
Personally for me, I wouldn't buy it. I'm a naturally inspired engine fan...so anything forced induction....just doesn't appeal to me (maybe a hellcat engine). Extra expensive parts to replace after 100k that isn't the engine. Turbos aren't cheap.

But I'm sure someone else will. If ford can sell them, there is a clear market for them. I would just rather jump right into an EV.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hornet just looks like another econobox.
I meant that's exactly what it is because Dodge currently doesn't have anything in that segment. I think they have priced it a little high to really make an impact in the segment and drive sales, but we will see. They have hyped it up enough. But then again, I think the KIA Stinger is overpriced, but I see a lot of them on the road.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Personally for me, I wouldn't buy it. I'm a naturally inspired engine fan...so anything forced induction....just doesn't appeal to me (maybe a hellcat engine). Extra expensive parts to replace after 100k that isn't the engine. Turbos aren't cheap.

But I'm sure someone else will. If ford can sell them, there is a clear market for them. I would just rather jump right into an EV.

Turbos aren't cheap, but properly maintained, and not best on, they will last well past 100k miles. And can be rebuilt cheaper than replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread