5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reflective Concepts hood decals

kilcher

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but this one had pictures of what I'm trying to do. I'm thinking of buying the overlays for the 1500 badge. I mostly want the 5.7L Hemi part in red. Just curious how hard it is to apply since that area is smaller and recessed. Tried looking on YouTube but couldn't find anyone who had actually done that badge.

I have a Billet Silver Big Horn. Mostly just want the 5.7L Hemi in red and I guess the 1500 left silver. Looks like I can't just buy the Hemi part so I may buy the 1500 in red and see what it looks like, I can always remove it if it's too much. Or is there another color that may look good with the Billet Silver?

Disturbed510

Reaction score
Tried something a little different, turned out pretty good. Used Reflective Concepts.

Attachments

• 20200126_181729.jpg
    20200126_181729.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 328
  • 20200223_155823.jpg
    20200223_155823.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 321

kilcher

Reaction score
Tried something a little different, turned out pretty good. Used Reflective Concepts.

How hard is it to apply the small letters? Do they just stick in there or do you have to apply pressure with a credit card or squeegee?

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
How hard is the installation on these small letters? looks like you guys did a great job installing!!

DesertRebel

Reaction score
How hard is it to apply the small letters? Do they just stick in there or do you have to apply pressure with a credit card or squeegee?
The ones on the Rebel are tiny - and a major PITA!

The 1500 part is super easy... The recessed HEMI and 5.7L are too trifling for me - I took it to a vinyl wrap applicator and had them do it.

Reflective Concepts gives you a few extras with standard order... They must know - you'll mess up a few.

Looks good when done though. I have white letters white hood. Sorry no pics, I'll try later.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I got the flat white overlays . I originally order the inlays but that looked too difficult

Attachments

• 45AE5534-BDD2-4BF5-BF40-DBE68A0B2538.jpeg
    45AE5534-BDD2-4BF5-BF40-DBE68A0B2538.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 247

lawlavigne

Reaction score
These look really nice. Thinking of going with a flat black on the grill over the RAM to try and take away from all that chrome. Of course this is the most prone spot for getting bugs on. Has anyone put these to the test with a pressure washer yet? That's usually the best method I use to get bugs off. And for the hood badges is there any decals to cover up the chrome trim around the 1500 and HEMI 5.7?

DesertRebel

Reaction score
These look really nice. Thinking of going with a flat black on the grill over the RAM to try and take away from all that chrome. Of course this is the most prone spot for getting bugs on. Has anyone put these to the test with a pressure washer yet? That's usually the best method I use to get bugs off. And for the hood badges is there any decals to cover up the chrome trim around the 1500 and HEMI 5.7?
If you order the "overlay" instead of "inlay" - it should what you're looking for.

Disturbed510

Reaction score
I used a razor blade to place them, then used a q tip and tooth picks to push in. Holding well

lawlavigne

Reaction score
So I emailed the decal company and they said they do not have decals for the surrounding chrome around the wording for hood badges. I'm thinking of plastic dipping that part with some spray. Has anyone done this before and know how that would hold up with weather and winding when driving?

Virginian

Reaction score
I installed my stickers and I'll go on record saying DO NOT order the version that is super tiny stickers to place in the indentations on the emblem. Good grief what a PITA! Props to Reflective Concepts for having a licenced Mopar product.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they have been on my for about a year i know they have not been a whole year but this is how my look so far(also snow)

Attachments

• 103_1484.JPG
    103_1484.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 103_1480.JPG
    103_1480.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 215

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Anyone know where we could find a vinyl overlay for the red portion (with BSW) of the taillights ?

Users who are viewing this thread