5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall W63

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

There is a recall for 2019 Ram 1500s for the driver’s side floor mat. The campaign number is W63/NHTSA 20V-513.

The accelerator pedal may, in certain circumstances, interfere with the raised feature on an all-weather floor mat, possibly inhibiting the accelerator pedal from promptly repositioning to a lesser depressed position after the driver releases pressure on the accelerator pedal.

To close the recall, the dealer will provide you with a new floor mat for your driver’s side.

To see if you are affected by this, you can visit recalls.mopar.com or send RamCares a private message with your VIN. We are happy to help you set up an appointment as well!

Thank you!
Ram Cares

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Do they have the mats now? I understand that early on they were just cutting the mat until the new mats were available.
I went and got mine a few weeks ago. Took 2 days for new mat to come in.

Jeeper

Reaction score
yup...cut fix is temporary...new mats were in stock at my stealership.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Rick J

Reaction score
@RamCares I don't show a recall for my truck. I bought the mats from a dealer after I took delivery of the truck.
Mopar Floor Liner Kit All Weather Front And Rear Black With Ram Logo Crew Cab Dodge Ram 1500 201982215321ac
Are these covered by the recall? Thanks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the ram mats that look like weather tech. Called the dealer, and they said the replacement mats are back ordered.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told this recall does not affect my rebel even tho the mats are identical.

RamCares

Reaction score
Do they have the mats now? I understand that early on they were just cutting the mat until the new mats were available.

Yes, new mats have been available for a few months.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
@RamCares I don't show a recall for my truck. I bought the mats from a dealer after I took delivery of the truck.
Mopar Floor Liner Kit All Weather Front And Rear Black With Ram Logo Crew Cab Dodge Ram 1500 201982215321ac
Are these covered by the recall? Thanks.

Yes you are included under W64, which is an equipment recall. This one isn't VIN specific. Owner letter attached.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Attachments

• W64 Owner Letter.pdf
    351.7 KB · Views: 23

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
@RamCares...Is this a different recall from the one that came out last year for the exact same problem? Does this recall only apply to the 2019 model year?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares...Is this a different recall from the one that came out last year for the exact same problem? Does this recall only apply to the 2019 model year?
Recall notice says 2019 and 2020, the 2021 trucks must already have the new mats.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Recall notice says 2019 and 2020, the 2021 trucks must already have the new mats.
The original post by @RamCares said this recall is for the 2019 model year, which is why I asked. I'm aware that the 2021 models have the new mats, thanks. But my question still isn't answered. There was a recall last year for the all-weather floor mats. I just wanted to know if this is a new recall or if it's the same recall. If it's the same recall, why create a new thread for an old recall?

Edit: After looking up the recalls that I've taken my truck in for, I see that W63 is the same recall that came out in August of 2020. In other words, this is old news.

RamCares

Reaction score
I have the ram mats that look like weather tech. Called the dealer, and they said the replacement mats are back ordered.
No back orders here. Can you send us your VIN and dealer info?

I was told this recall does not affect my rebel even tho the mats are identical.
Can you send us your VIN? Or did you purchase the mats after you took delivery?

It is the same recall. Completions have slowed down and we still have a ways to go so we are creating awareness.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No back orders here. Can you send us your VIN and dealer info?

Can you send us your VIN? Or did you purchase the mats after you took delivery?

It is the same recall. Completions have slowed down and we still have a ways to go so we are creating awareness.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Kaitlin, message sent. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread