5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

PNW1500

Reaction score
I did not.

Then I drove 30 minutes to the dealer only to be told the parts department was wrong and while they technically have a HPFP for EcoDiesel in stock, they have none of the other parts needed to do the recall. I was sent home with my truck.

FFS.

This exact thing happened to me, down to the 30 min drive to the dealer. Got a call that parts were available and they could complete the recall. I dropped the truck off only to be informed all parts were not available. Turned right around and went home.

A little bit.....frustrating.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got the HPFP recall repair notification Wednesday, I am the first to call the dealer, small northern community, they will call me when the parts arrive, hopefully it won’t be too long, it will be the first time that powertrain work gets done to my Rebel, over 88,000 km or 55,000miles trouble free.
2 hours labour for the repair, hopefully the mechanic knows what he’s doing.

I am really disappointed that the Ram brand has discontinued the 1/2 ton diesel, I can’t see myself going to GMC or Chevy to get a 1/2 ton diesel, the only thing I like is the newer Duramax.

I might consider the Ramcharger 1/2 ton hybrid pickup in the summer of 2028 but only if it is proven to be able to tow for long distances without issues.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a 131 Page Guide that was posted above with the Procedure for
just the pump and the procedure for replacing the whole fuel system.

Malodave

70runner

Reaction score
The notices must be going out, got mine in mail yesterday. Is there any information on the replacement HPFP, what was changed, etc..?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got the HPFP recall repair notification Wednesday, I am the first to call the dealer, small northern community, they will call me when the parts arrive, hopefully it won’t be too long, it will be the first time that powertrain work gets done to my Rebel, over 88,000 km or 55,000miles trouble free.
2 hours labour for the repair, hopefully the mechanic knows what he’s doing.

I am really disappointed that the Ram brand has discontinued the 1/2 ton diesel, I can’t see myself going to GMC or Chevy to get a 1/2 ton diesel, the only thing I like is the newer Duramax.

I might consider the Ramcharger 1/2 ton hybrid pickup in the summer of 2028 but only if it is proven to be able to tow for long distances without issues.
That duramax inline 6 is buttery smooth and quiet. My buddy has one and it's impressive.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not.

Then I drove 30 minutes to the dealer only to be told the parts department was wrong and while they technically have a HPFP for EcoDiesel in stock, they have none of the other parts needed to do the recall. I was sent home with my truck.

FFS.
Exactly what my dealer told me. Scheduled for end of January

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
I called one dealership three times. 1st call someone in parts transferred me to service and no one picked up. 2nd call the front desk picked up and transferred me to service, again no one picked up. Third call it was the same receptionist. I asked if he could see if someone was in the service department before transferring me. He said "uhh I cant really see anyone from where I am sitting". GET TF UP AND GO WALK 15 FEET TO LOOK. I asked if he could get up and walk over there and he said "uhh I guess". FINALLY someone in parts picked up and explained they can only order one every 7 days and there was a 35 day wait list. I called another dealership and they are getting me in this Wednesday. I was confused because they said they have to inspect it before any work begins.. What exactly is there to inspect??

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
I called to confirm my current appointment and now im being told the parts are ordered as deemed necessary. They are going to "inspect" the fuel pump to see if it needs to be replaced. Is this not a recall of all pumps in these vehicles??

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I called one dealership three times. 1st call someone in parts transferred me to service and no one picked up. 2nd call the front desk picked up and transferred me to service, again no one picked up. Third call it was the same receptionist. I asked if he could see if someone was in the service department before transferring me. He said "uhh I cant really see anyone from where I am sitting". GET TF UP AND GO WALK 15 FEET TO LOOK. I asked if he could get up and walk over there and he said "uhh I guess". FINALLY someone in parts picked up and explained they can only order one every 7 days and there was a 35 day wait list. I called another dealership and they are getting me in this Wednesday. I was confused because they said they have to inspect it before any work begins.. What exactly is there to inspect??

When they did the recall on the Cummins HD's, they had to verify ESN (Engine Serial Number) matched the VIN records to know the engine hadn't been swapped. Since there's also an aftermarket CP3 conversion, they had to also inspect someone hadn't hacked one in.

Olbez

Reaction score
Just got my pump replaced in Temecula, CA. Did that and an oil change. Was done in 5ish hours or so.

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 41

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called the dealer I purchased my truck from to get booked in for the 3 recalls I have on my truck, fuel pump included. I was the second person to call and get the recall performed.

Scheduled in for mid December, hopefully the parts are available and the install goes smoothly. Since I will be in that area for a few weeks I figure I better get it done, nearest dealer to me is 4 hours.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called to confirm my current appointment and now im being told the parts are ordered as deemed necessary. They are going to "inspect" the fuel pump to see if it needs to be replaced. Is this not a recall of all pumps in these vehicles??

They most likely need to see if it had started to eat itself and they would have to
replace everything instead of just the Pump and two fuel lines.
Just my guess.

Malodave

stronbl

Reaction score
I spoke to my Service Manager about this recall repair and was told a similar thing - I need to bring in the truck for an inspection to determine parts needed. I was told the inspection would be a few hours - I'm going in tomorrow (a day before Thanksgiving break, maybe not a good plan ...). I am assuming since it is a recall part, they will decide what to replace as per the FCA documents posted in #298. Minimum seems to be the HPFP. I've had no issues whatsoever with it on my 2020 Ram and I'm at 45,600 miles. I'm hoping to get this done soon but don't know on availability of parts at my dealer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke to my Service Manager about this recall repair and was told a similar thing - I need to bring in the truck for an inspection to determine parts needed. I was told the inspection would be a few hours - I'm going in tomorrow (a day before Thanksgiving break, maybe not a good plan ...). I am assuming since it is a recall part, they will decide what to replace as per the FCA documents posted in #298. Minimum seems to be the HPFP. I've had no issues whatsoever with it on my 2020 Ram and I'm at 45,600 miles. I'm hoping to get this done soon but don't know on availability of parts at my dealer.

LOL. My pre-recall "inspection" on my Cummins was completed in the drop off bay in 30 seconds while the tech also did the wiper arm nut recall (checked torque) right there in front of me. Killed 2 birds as the saying goes.

stronbl

Reaction score
Just dropped off the truck and talked to the service manager about what is involved with the inspection. Was told it is mainly visible inspection but they will pull a few items and check for metal shavings. Was also told they are getting recall parts pretty continuously now and expected to have my parts (based on inspection) in a couple weeks, maybe sooner. Fingers crossed it is a simple fix.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
This is stupid, so I have to waste my time twice for them to fix their f up.

I guess I’ll wait till the pump granades the engine and they can figure it out then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online