5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

tom318

Reaction score
More updates. Fuel pump was replaced but the CEL is still on. They are doing more diagnostics tomorrow but mentioned if they don’t solve it tomorrow then they will need to work with the Chrysler “star” engineers to see what they will replace next. (Could take weeks)
They looked more into the oil leak I pointed out and they feel at some point the oil was over filled during an oil change. Possibly a few times. They suggested that since the dipstick sucks so much that I should allow the oil to drain for at least 30min and if possible even more. They say it takes long for all the oil to drain and it’s easy to overfill. If it’s overfilled, it would build excess crankcase pressure and potentially cause a leak there. If the turbo was failing and leaking oil they would expect other codes and the truck would be constantly doing regens which they say isn’t the case. We will see what’s next. It sounded like they aren’t authorized to just replace the fuel system and injectors if the fuel pump didn’t fail with the recall. That’s where the “star” engineers need to approve.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Agree, but trust me other brands are no better.

Go read other forums and see, maybe if you are into the luxury stuff.

When I owned a BMW they were amazing for service.

tom318

Reaction score
Agree, but trust me other brands are no better.

Go read other forums and see, maybe if you are into the luxury stuff.

When I owned a BMW they were amazing for service.
BMW service is top notch. The key is $$ lol. We were fortunate enough to be offered an additional 40k mile maintenance plan on our x3m comp for $900 (1.5yr or 75k) The deal was too good to be true but so far it’s awesome. Top notch rentals and it’s nice to know the car is getting what I needs. They send us detailed videos of inspections and even invited me to go review the underside and all the details if I wanted to….which I did. I was impressed.
My ram dealer was initially not giving me a good taste but the issue was miscommunication and they had confused my truck with someone else’s. Once we straightened that out it’s actually been really good. My advisor seems to be very transparent and not BS’ing anything currently.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
My Toyota dealer also is top notch service. They send a video while they are working on it to show them diagnosing the problem and then a video after the repair is done explaining the entire procedure. The videos show the actual mechanic that is doing the work.
Tom

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Toyota dealer also is top notch service. They send a video while they are working on it to show them diagnosing the problem and then a video after the repair is done explaining the entire procedure. The videos show the actual mechanic that is doing the work.
Tom

One of my son's did this working on Audi's, now he does it at the RAM dealership he's at and people love it.

bucket1032

Reaction score
Is there still a Ram rep or dealer rep that reads these forums that can help?
I can’t get anywhere with getting the fuel pump warranty replacement done on my 2020 ecodiesel. We bought it because with the right rear axles and airbag suspension, the tow capacity approaches some 3/4 ton, but now I fear the truck is going to blow up on me.

I live in northern NM and the closest dealer in Espanola NM just went out of business. I had an appt scheduled there to get the process started but they suddenly closed up shop 2 weeks before the appt. I have been on the “waitlist” at a dealer in Santa Fe (Lithia) but after months of waiting I called and they seemed to not know of any waitlist and are just saying they can’t get parts and won’t schedule the appointment?

Any tips or advice to get through this blockade?

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my high pressure fuel pump replaced yesterday and got the “piece of mind” inspection done for $89, my truck has 99,000km, powertrain warranty runs out at 100,000 km. All was good except the rear brake pads are almost down to steel on steel, which I knew, front rotors are corroded but the pads are at about 50%.

They put a pamphlet in the truck stating that the fuel filter must be replaced at every engine oil change instead of every second oil change.

To my surprise they did an engine oil and filter change by mistake and did not charge me for it, saved myself over $250, my oil was at 50%, 8,000km (5,000 miles) We just came back from a month in Florida towing a small travel trailer.

I have been putting 1 oz of Hot Shot EDT diesel additive at every fill up. Before my trip home from Florida I added 8 oz of Hot Shot Diesel Extreme for a good clean up.

I always do my own oil changes after the warranty runs out. I also do most of the maintenance like brakes, suspension parts….

I was hesitant to buy oil filters from Amazon. Fram (Fram Extra Guard CH12939) is finally making oil filters for the Ecodiesel for less than 1/3 of the cost of OEM.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
It's funny, my dealer said nothing about more frequent fuel filter changes. None of the documentation mentioned it either.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread