5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Estimated 186,233 Ram 1500 Models For All-Weather Floor Mat Issues:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok everyone. I had my mat cut last week when I took my truck in for service. I got a call today to bring my truck in to get the new mat installed. So, maybe the availability of replacement mats are a reflection of how proactive your service department is; or maybe they just shipped.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, for those of us who bought our mats separately will we be able to get a replacement? I don't even remember where I got mine online from back in 2018.
If you purchased through a dealer or the Mopar store, you will be notified via letter with an equipment recall.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Reaction score
If you purchased through a dealer or the Mopar store, you will be notified via letter with an equipment recall.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Do you happen to know if they are producing the Drivers mat with the Red Ram Logo for those of us with a Rebel/Purchased that one?

Neokane

Reaction score
I wish they would have asked me before they cut holes in the all weather mats right before winter... Wasn't pleased when I found out they did... I'm sure they won't be too prompt to get me the new mat either.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I got the letter as well and my dealer ran it through FCA and was told the mats with the red ram logo were not included with the recall.
They were cause I got the recall letter for my Rebel.

RamCares

Reaction score
Do you happen to know if they are producing the Drivers mat with the Red Ram Logo for those of us with a Rebel/Purchased that one?

Hi, yes if you have the red logo your replacement mat will have the same red logo. All the different logo colors will be available.

Just to clarify everything else:
For W63: if you did NOT have your mat modified, you will be getting another letter soon that says you can come get a new mat.

If you DID have it modified, you will be getting another letter in the mail in December for CSN W73. This is when you will get a new mat.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

41magmag41

Reaction score
Hi, yes if you have the red logo your replacement mat will have the same red logo. All the different logo colors will be available.

For W63: if you did NOT have your mat modified, you will be getting another letter soon that says you can come get a new mat.

If you DID have it modified, you will be getting another letter in the mail in December for CSN W73. This is when you will get a new mat.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
how is it that my dealer said the mats with the ram logo were not included in the recall? Also there is no mention on my ram page in the app that there is a mat recall??

RamCares

Reaction score
how is it that my dealer said the mats with the ram logo were not included in the recall? Also there is no mention on my ram page in the app that there is a mat recall??

If you don't have the recall on your app, then I wouldn't worry about it. You can also check using your VIN here: recalls.mopar.com. You can also send us a private message and I can check for you.
I went through the different part numbers and saw that there are different colors included in the recall parts.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

HemiRam

Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
So just to clarify, those that were smart enough to not trust the dealer, and pull their mats, or trustful enough to decline the cutting, will be getting mats now as some have reported, those like me that were ambushed and not asked, informed , consulted now have to wait until December to get new mats when we are the ones with the holes and I would say need them more? Yeah thats FCA for you thats why I want out now. Come get it. There's so much bad blood between me and Family CDJR for having those dash cam videos of them not doing work they invoiced for I'm sure I'll never get my mats.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

HemiRam

Reaction score
So just to clarify, those that were smart enough to not trust the dealer, and pull their mats, or trustful enough to decline the cutting, will be getting mats now as some have reported, those like me that were ambushed and not asked, informed , consulted now have to wait until December to get new mats when we are the ones with the holes and I would say need them more? Yeah thats FCA for you thats why I want out now. Come get it. There's so much bad blood between me and Family CDJR for having those dash cam videos of them not doing work they invoiced for I'm sure I'll never get my mats.

BTW this is me the photo everybody uses i should have watermarked it. Lol.
9b08249d1379af52d6c6d32845ec4a69.jpg

41magmag41

Reaction score

your wiseass comment about those of us who trust our dealers was uncalled for. Check the above answer from ramcares. Its comments like these that leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth.

HemiRam

Reaction score
your wiseass comment about those of us who trust our dealers was uncalled for. Check the above answer from ramcares. Its comments like these that leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth.
My message was for RamCares. Thats who I quoted. And it was genuine as is this . Which leads me to my next question, how do you know what everyone's mouth tastes like? Do you speak for the whole forum? If so, if your the moderator, cancel me effective immediately. I want nothing to do with a hostile organization I mistook for a place that people helped each other . And if your not I hope the editor moderator whomever runs this is reading this and cancels my membership.

41magmag41

Reaction score
My message was for RamCares. Thats who I quoted. And it was genuine as is this . Which leads me to my next question, how do you know what everyone's mouth tastes like? Do you speak for the whole forum? If so, if your the moderator, cancel me effective immediately. I want nothing to do with a hostile organization I mistook for a place that people helped each other . And if your not I hope the editor moderator whomever runs this is reading this and cancels my membership.

your one that started the name calling about trusting dealers. sounds like a troll to me.

Scmil

Reaction score
called my local dealer and they have started replacing with 3 different versions (including red ram logo) depending on what you had originally. The new mats are the same just with the top right corner flat and without the ridges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/