5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Estimated 186,233 Ram 1500 Models For All-Weather Floor Mat Issues:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RECALL: Estimated 186,233 Ram 1500 Models For All-Weather Floor Mat Issues:
Adjustable Pedals Can Positioned With Insufficient Clearance...

MP019_009RMe2jscdv1ngq8u4gbjvpqii332i-scaled.jpg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their trucks in for this yet? I have the mats but have been putting it off. I know they're saying they're working on a replacement but I'd like more info.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look like the Mopar slush mats that I bought aftermarket. I have to take my truck in for service today, so I'll ask about them.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their trucks in for this yet? I have the mats but have been putting it off. I know they're saying they're working on a replacement but I'd like more info.

They mentioned the current fix is to trim the section closest to the gas pedal. However, replacement upgraded mat are being produced and will be issued out when they become available.

I don't go to the dealership even for an oil change, so I'm just making sure my mats don't interfere with the pedals in their current position. If so, I'll trim them myself and just wait until actual replacements are available.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't go to the dealership even for an oil change, so I'm just making sure my mats don't interview with the pedals in their current position. If so, I'll trim them myself and just wait until actual replacements are available.

I feel you there. I don't particularly enjoy going to the dealership either and am kind of taking a similar approach to you. I'd rather them not hack away at it and I'll get the replacements when they're available. I've been very happy with my current ones.

lost demon

Reaction score
Well I myself am having no issues with mine. That being said, I suspect some goofball didn't get his mats in straight or whatever so now its an issue. I've run my pedals up and down and cant figure out how they interfere. but FCA will spend the money to "FIX" it. The price of your next new RAM just went up $$$. We'll see a bunch of used mats on the resale market unless the dealers confiscate the old ones upon replacement.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I myself am having no issues with mine. That being said, I suspect some goofball didn't get his mats in straight or whatever so now its an issue. I've run my pedals up and down and cant figure out how they interfere. but FCA will spend the money to "FIX" it. The price of your next new RAM just went up $$$. We'll see a bunch of used mats on the resale market unless the dealers confiscate the old ones upon replacement.

Apparently it doesn't affect all the mats of that type. Some of them earlier ones the cut out for the pedals is much farther forward and the pedal can get stuck on the grooved vertical part if that makes sense. On newer floor mats they cut out a larger area so the pedals have plenty of clearance. I saw a picture somewhere but now I can't seem to find it.

Snowdoggy

Reaction score
My battery went dead one morning and while it was at dealer getting new battery they trimmed the floor mat. Cant even tell it was trimmed. I really love this truck!

RamLarryme

Reaction score
Went in for an oil change, they trimmed the driver mat and told me there would be a replacement and they would call me when it came in.
We didn't discuss the recall they just did it .

ny2az

Reaction score
lm thinking the issue is the adjustable pedal ... set all the way down for the taller person is fine...its when your short on the inseam and adjust the pedal upward does it make contact with the ribs on the affected mats being recalled and getting the pedal stuck which can be dangerous ...

Attachments

• mud mats.jpg
    mud mats.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine got trimmed yesterday. My Service Department told me that I could decline, but then there would be an open recall on my truck. They also said if I declined; then I would probably not be eligible for the new mat when it comes out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Mine got trimmed yesterday. My Service Department told me that I could decline, but then there would be an open recall on my truck. They also said if I declined; then I would probably not be eligible for the new mat when it comes out.

That is not true. If you get it trimmed or don't get it trimmed, a new mat will be available. What dealer do you work with?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Arth

Reaction score
That is not true. If you get it trimmed or don't get it trimmed, a new mat will be available. What dealer do you work with?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Kaitlin,

You say a new mat will be available soon. Are they going to replace the mats they are cutting or no?

RamCares

Reaction score
Kaitlin,

You say a new mat will be available soon. Are they going to replace the mats they are cutting or no?

Yes if your mat is modified you will be getting a new one.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

41magmag41

Reaction score
I have the OEM Ram aftermarket mats with the red ram on them and while in for a state inspection asked about the recall on the mats. Service Manager told me mine and one other type didn't come
under the mat recall.

redevil

Reaction score
I'll have to check this out on my new 2020 that I just picked up. The dealership had the mats in stock so assume they were fine from the start but guess they might not be.

redevil

Reaction score
Looks like mine has the updated driver's floor mat. See the difference under the pedal, the grooves are no longer there.

Attachments

• PXL_20201114_175256098.jpg
    PXL_20201114_175256098.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 320

Kidder

Reaction score
So, for those of us who bought our mats separately will we be able to get a replacement? I don't even remember where I got mine online from back in 2018.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Do you know when that will be happening? The rude mr attitude to mach the rude service manager at family cdjr just said " I haven't heard of any new mats being made thats the recall hers the papers." Oh so you're just going to keep making them wrong and cutting them when they sell as part of the prep? Solid. Very solid game plan. Why fix it when you can ruin it. This is from the dealer that has only called me once and that was when I was still at the dealership just outside the door to tell me they are done and nothing is fixed and we cut up your mat and didn't ask or inform you. Every other recall is a separate booking. But since they got the chance to trash my mat and get paid for it they did it. Seat belt tensioner recall "oh no that has to be booked appointment we can't just plug in this scanner and update your software." I'm so very tired of this lack of service for this truck I left GM for.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread