5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall alert

BigBill

Reaction score
I have had this happen a couple of times as well. Absolutely ridiculous.. I will be disabling.

gcimatt

Reaction score
Separate issue. I had to disable rear park sense due to the same issue backing down my driveway that has a gentle slope to it. I can understand giving owners the ability to disable the "feature", but really hate the way driver's information display nags about it being disabled when in reverse.

I wish I could enable it and leave it, but what happened to me with the automatic braking coming out of my driveway will NEVER happen again. I'm the driver. I'm controlling the vehicle. I decide when to jam on the brakes. Just goes to show that a computer's interpretation of the world around it is often flawed.

I've had this happen a couple of times with my forward sensors; sensed a speed bump or a curb and jammed on the brakes. Thank goodness nobody was tailgating me in those times!

CORebel19

Reaction score
Wonder if that is why when backing up ,the truck sometimes will blast the brakes so hard it feels like you hit some one and nothing there! Scares the bejeebies out of you!
Yep, that jolt prompted me to disable the rear brake assist. Just pay attention to the warning tones and stop

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know how it got enabled again, but drives me nuts. Slammed on the brakes as I'm trying to back through the snow in the street. It wasn't even deep.

Users who are viewing this thread