5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recalibration for 35 Inch Tires w/Parallel Park Assist

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a firm answer on this. I have a new 2023 Limited coming in a few weeks and I want to add a few things out of the gate. It comes with the parallel and perpendicular park assit. I'm looking at either a 1.5" level with 33" tires or a 4" BDS with 35's. One of my concerns is when the shop recalibrates the speedometer with the new the wheel size, will it mess with the parallel and perpendicular park assit or the park sense sensors at all.

Searching not just this forum but elsewhere online and my local dealer, I can't seem to get a definitive answer. Comments on different systems might work or others don't go above 33". Tazer DT says it will work up to 35" for park sense but doesn't mention the parallel and perpendicular parking. My dealer told me, "in theory it should be fine."

I'm very particular and don't like the idea of my speedo being off or features on an 80k truck being disabled right after I buy it. Anyone have some real answers for me on this? Maybe I should just play it safe and level it...

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I have a 4” lift with 35’s…. The parking feature on these trucks kinda sucked from the get go so with my 35’s it still sucked…. As a result I’ve used it twice.

that’s why I park using my mirrors/cameras and my 35” curb feelers….

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I have a 4” lift with 35’s…. The parking feature on these trucks kinda sucked from the get go so with my 35’s it still sucked…. As a result I’ve used it twice.

that’s why I park using my mirrors/cameras and my 35” curb feelers….
I heard 2019 and 2020 could be recalibrated but after that there were issues.

Side question: Do you like the lift? Any regrets? What did it kill your MPG down to?

Fbird

Reaction score
Similar here. 21 BH with 35x12.5. My Autel tablet-based (808bt) tool SHOULD be able to change tire size BUT...of course you must by a subscrition to autoauth.com due to the encryption of the 2020+ Stelantis/FCA computers. Now I have NOT been able to get mine to work YET (just got the subscription BUT when i was on the PHONE actually talking to a PERSON at Autel he assured me my scanner is capable as well as a much cheaper TPMS tool. Given the TPMS tool is capable of such I would figure a descent tire shop SHOULD be able to "change the tire size".

I will again be on the phone next week to figure out why I cannot get there even with my security patch from autoauth!!!!! argh. On a good note going UP on tire size is not the end of the world and easy enough to not get into trouble. I went up to 35's from the xxxx stock 18" tires for a net increase of 3 ish INCHES which translates to a 10% increase in actual speed of vehicle relative to the speedo (or 10% LESS MILAGE being documented).

Speedo says 50...really doing 55
speedo says 80...really doing 88 (ATL traffic moves!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread