5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX Concept - HELLCAT powered Ram Rebel:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/-D5dZI1amfM

Meet the Ram Rebel TRX Concept. Rebel TRX is a 100-mph off-road machine with 575 horsepower – the most powerful half-ton truck the company has ever built. Here is its reveal video from the 2016 State Fair of Texas.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OK so if the Base Rebel is $60295 I would hate to see how much they are gonna ask for that.
1f628.png
icon_lol.gif

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I would expect a HELLCAT powered TRX to run around $100k US. Hence the 7.0 426CI Hemi as the base engine.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
OK so if the Base Rebel is $60295 I would hate to see how much they are gonna ask for that.
1f628.png
icon_lol.gif
Fully loaded it goes for about $62,000 (the non-TRX Rebel).If the TRX is intended to compete head to head with the Raptor, I would think the 7.0L base TRX would start under $65,000. Yes, Raptors start well below that (just over $50,000 actually), but the demand keeps their sales prices above MSRP from what I understand, so a start price near $60,000 is somewhat reasonable. The standard Rebel (2WD) starts at $44,000 or so. 4WD, Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi Rebel takes the price up to over $50,000 (which is already in Raptor price territory).I'm not sure what they're going to do with the lower two regarding pricing. The Standard Rebel is already about as expensive as a Raptor when similarly equipped so if Ram wants to compete head to head, it seems they would be cannibalizing some standard Rebel sales. My guess is, the Ram Rebel TRX will have a higher start price than the Raptor (anywhere between $55,000 on the low end to $65,000 on the high end - for a starting price; nicely equipped expect over $70,000). That's a pretty big swing, but the demand is high. Also, when the new Raptor is released with it's 7.0L 426 CID V-8, they may raise the price.As for the Hellcat power Ram Rebel TRX . . .Chatter online seems to indicate we're looking at Demon/Trackhawk price range ($85,000+ to start). A lot can happen in two years, but I suspect that will still be outta my league even then. Nicely equipped (and who is going to buy a supercharged Ram Rebel TRX that isn't nicely equipped . . .) it will probably eclipse six figures ($100,000+). Way too rich for my blood.The good news (for peeps like me anyway) is that the 7.0L is likely to have in excess of 500 horsepower, which is still quite a lot. I've always wanted a puffer and when I saw rumors that the Ram Rebel TRX would have a start price of $55,000 I went nuts. But, those same rumors also predicted a late 2017 release date. So . . . it ain't gonna happen at no $55,000. I doubt the 7.0L will start that low.We'll see. I'm posting all of my TRX related stuff in the 5th Gen rams forum (this is in the 4th gen forum) since we know that when the production TRX is released it will be on the DT (5th generation) platform.Great question though - the answer to which we will be eagerly awaiting.

Users who are viewing this thread