5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Suspension Rattling Sound

ryco25

Reaction score
Esteemed fellow Rebel drivers,

My truck has just developed a significant rattle sound from the front end when going over bumps. Sounds like its coming from the driver's front. Upon what brief visual inspection I can do without a lift, I can't see anything wrong, but I am also no expert.

I'm taking it to the dealer Friday in hopes of whatever this is being under warranty, but any thoughts on what this may be in the meantime?

I took it off-roading over two weeks ago with no issues and the sound only began yesterday afternoon on speedbumps I go over 4-5x daily. Didn't hit any potholes or anything abnormal yesterday either. A rental Rebel I had made a similar noise, but this is more pronounced.

Anyone seen this before?

RAMpage

Reaction score
No speaker on this PC to listen but seems common these trucks have some clunking/rattles from loose swaybars.

ryco25

Reaction score
Update: took it to the dealer, they said the sound was a rattling cover on my fuse box. I called bs, because this noise is a metal rattling sound, not a plastic box lid rattling on plastic. They claimed they didn't hear anything else after driving it.

I picked it up, noise is still there and even worse now. I even removed the fuse box lid just to prove that had nothing to do with the sound, and was correct.

Thankfully they didn't charge me for the 'service', but I am now going to take it to another dealer that is hopefully more competent.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sway bar link or upper control arm bolt going click-clack when the the suspension travels up and down the locking nut arm is clicking against the frame.

ryco25

Reaction score
Update: new dealer found the issue within a few hours. Replacing the left either swaybar linkage or stabilizer linkage...forgot what exactly was said. Warranty thankfully. I'll update when I get it back and have the written diagnosis and hopefully a fixed truck.

ryco25

Reaction score
Conclusion: dealer replaced left front stabilizer link and the sound is gone! All done under warranty, rental included.

If you live in the DFW area, avoid Metroplex CJDR at all costs (this was one of many bad experiences) and I highly suggest Richardson CJDR as they are the best I've dealt with yet.

Users who are viewing this thread