5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Specific Prices Paid

dunehiker

Reaction score
Well I'm officially in the market for a Rebel after selling my Big Horn to Carmax. Looking through the negotiated price thread in the general area not a ton of attention to Rebel pricing. Just curious to get some sort of target to look for when pricing a new Rebel. Should I be looking at 15, 20 or more percent off?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just look at the incentives that are out there and still use the information in the negotiated price thread as that is overall for all trim levels. The only big difference is going to be what is offered on the incentives.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel isn't really a rare truck if you're thinking about discounts. The general consensus of 10-20% off counts for these too. I bought my 2020 in Feb 2020 when this thing had been on the lot for less than 3 weeks. Got around 15% before some rebates and my trade in if I remember right. I had to drop a few rebates to get 0%, so ended up at 46k OTD from 60k MSRP after a 9k trade in.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I ordered my Rebel on 2/12/21. MSRP was $61,255. The lowest I could get from anyone for a sales price was $53,665. That was 12.4% off MSRP before incentives. That was through Aaron at Mark Dodge. There just isn't as much markup on the Rebels as there is with the other trims. You can see that when you build the trucks on the Ram website as well. Here's my pricing.

Rebel
LA
MSRP
$61,255.00​
Invoice
$57,453.00​
Sale Price
$53,665.00​
Rebate
-$3,000.00​
Net Price
$50,665.00​
License Fee
$875.00​
Doc Fee
$219.00​
Total Fees
$1,094.00​
Total Taxes
$4,205.20​
Total Amount
$55,964.20​
%off Inv.
6.59%​
%off MSRP
17.29%​

dunehiker

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the info. Since it's the last day of the month I'm reaching out to a few dealers to see if they want to play ball.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
How’d you make out?

For reference, I ordered a 2021 rebel EcoDiesel crew on 3/10/21. MSRP (CDN) $77,060 plus tax. Out the door price $64,338 plus tax. 16.5% discount. The price is at invoice due to a fleet discount. May have been able to push a little lower, but had already shopped the deal to 7 dealers in the area and this dealer was the lowest off the bat by almost $3,000, and then I got them to drop another $750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nova90

Reaction score
Ordered my Rebel yesterday from Aaron at Mark Dodge.
$61,215 MSRP
$53,500 selling price before any rebates / incentives (which Aaron locked in for better of order time vs delivery)

6.8% under invoice
12.6% off MSRP

In today's seller's market, I think that's about what you are going to be able to find...unless you find one that's been sitting on a lot for a long time & the dealer is really motivated. Inventory is just not sitting around on the lots for that to really happen right now.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for reference, mine was $68,350 MSRP, $59.179 before TTLD

Edit: this was a factory order also

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought from Mark Dodge also.

$59,765 MSRP
$48,465 Sale price

TTL and $219 doc fee were the only add ons. Total discounted price was 19% off MSRP.

dunehiker

Reaction score
I tried to work a deal with my local dealer and they did they old double dip on destination and adding additional "accessory" stuff on that I didn't want:
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.05.44 PM.png
Needless to say I told them their deal wasn't much of a deal.

Boone Down South

Reaction score
This is what I just paid about 3 weeks ago:

MSRP: $66,845
Dealer Discount was $8,451
Dealer added processing fee $500
Additional Rebates: $3000

Price before trade in, tax, title registration was $55,894

This was from Ourisman Chrysler Dodge Ram in Baltimore, MD. I drove from SC to get this truck and they told me 8k on my trade in over the phone based on VIN and mileage. I knew that was way too high and told my wife that was going to drop to between 4-5k once we got there. It is a long story so I'm just gonna keep it short. But basically the dealership stayed late on a Saturday since I was driving 8+ hours to get there. So they all knew I just took a long road trip. When it came down to it they screwed me on my trade-in and took advantage of the fact I drove that far for this truck. When it came down to it they were about 2k short based on my research of the trade-in value of my old truck. At the time it was the only truck within 500 miles of me that had the two tone color I wanted as well as the specific options I wanted. Ordering was no longer an option due to the chip shortage. I held my nose and did the deal anyway cause I wanted the truck and didn't want to drive 2 trucks home. I did keep everyone at the dealership until 11:30pm on a Saturday night though. I take comfort in that after what they they did to me ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6809.JPG
    IMG_6809.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 38

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Ordered my Rebel yesterday from Aaron at Mark Dodge.
$61,215 MSRP
$53,500 selling price before any rebates / incentives (which Aaron locked in for better of order time vs delivery)

6.8% under invoice
12.6% off MSRP

In today's seller's market, I think that's about what you are going to be able to find...unless you find one that's been sitting on a lot for a long time & the dealer is really motivated. Inventory is just not sitting around on the lots for that to really happen right now.
Nova, curious about when you can take delivery. Would like to understand how long a special order takes. Thanks.

Nova90

Reaction score
Nova, curious about when you can take delivery. Would like to understand how long a special order takes. Thanks.
It's really anyone's guess. Some seem to get done sooner, others take longer. As a rough estimate, they are saying 8-10 weeks on average. I've heard if there is a truck coming down the line configured the same that wasn't already a sold order, they might use that build and hence you might get it sooner. There have been comments saying certain options drive the build to be longer. For example, advanced technology group & scarce nature of certain parts due to chip shortages.

dunehiker

Reaction score
This is what I just paid about 3 weeks ago:

MSRP: $66,845
Dealer Discount was $8,451
Dealer added processing fee $500
Additional Rebates: $3000

Price before trade in, tax, title registration was $55,894

This was from Ourisman Chrysler Dodge Ram in Baltimore, MD. I drove from SC to get this truck and they told me 8k on my trade in over the phone based on VIN and mileage. I knew that was way too high and told my wife that was going to drop to between 4-5k once we got there. It is a long story so I'm just gonna keep it short. But basically the dealership stayed late on a Saturday since I was driving 8+ hours to get there. So they all knew I just took a long road trip. When it came down to it they screwed me on my trade-in and took advantage of the fact I drove that far for this truck. When it came down to it they were about 2k short based on my research of the trade-in value of my old truck. At the time it was the only truck within 500 miles of me that had the two tone color I wanted as well as the specific options I wanted. Ordering was no longer an option due to the chip shortage. I held my nose and did the deal anyway cause I wanted the truck and didn't want to drive 2 trucks home. I did keep everyone at the dealership until 11:30pm on a Saturday night though. I take comfort in that after what they they did to me ;)

Nice looking truck. I'm beginning to wonder if there are any reputable dealerships out there. Luckily I'm in the Northern, VA area so there are a lot of dealerships in VA and MD to contact to see if they'll deal.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I'm beginning to wonder if there are any reputable dealerships out there. Luckily I'm in the Northern, VA area so there are a lot of dealerships in VA and MD to contact to see if they'll deal.
Koons I think in VA usually does a good job of getting good deals and working with truck buyers. We talked when I was looking for mine, and we just couldn't come to an agreement, but I'm pretty sure other guys on this forum have bought from them before. I talked to Craig when I went back and forth with them, and he was good to work with.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still don't understand everybody's complaint of the double dipping accusations for delivery fees. When looking at a window sticker, the MSRP includes the delivery fee, so you see the total suggested price.

When looking at an invoice, the invoice price does NOT always include the delivery fee, but only the cost of the vehicle. The delivery fee does not get discounted in any way, so it's separated out. So, when a dealer shows invoice, then lists rebates, then adds in all add-ons, the delivery fee is added. The add-ons can be discounted, but the delivery is never discounted.

So, please explain to me where the double dipping is actually happening. Is the price quoted based on the invoice list of costs? Or, is it based on the bottom line total invoice price that DOES include shipping? I have never had this issue, so I don't understand how it's possible for people to get conned by a dealer with it. Please explain.

Nova90

Reaction score
The destination charge is listed in both the MSRP and Invoice column on a build sheet. Koons plays games by advertising their trucks at what they call a "WOW price" that supposedly does not include the destination charge that shows on the sticker. Why not just start advertising "Wow price" that doesn't include the engine option cost. It is deceitful advertising to make their price appear artificially lower than reality. Everyone understands that you pay a destination charge when you purchase a vehicle. It's how they try to make you think you are getting a better deal. You may think they are initially in line with other deals from other dealerships until you check out the fine print.

This was the build sheet offer that Craig from Koons sent me...notice they even cover up their dealership info from the top of the document. No other dealer did that when I asked about a build. Also, notice there is no mention of having to add back the destination charge that already appears on the build sheet under the MSRP & invoice columns.

I am sure some people fall for it. I live in PA and Koons would have been an attractive "somewhat" local dealer that was within a few hours drive to purchase. It was games like this & their unwillingness to complete the consumer price protection form to guarantee my incentives at order time that compelled me to purchase from Aaron @ Mark Dodge in LA.

Attachments

• Koons build.pdf
    350.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so they aren't really double dipping on the shipping cost, they just aren't adding it to their advertised price. I agree that seems deceitful.

I was thinking that they were using bottom line invoice pricing, that DOES include shipping, but then added a new line item for shipping costs. Or, basing their prices on MSRP, then showing a discount, then adding in shipping costs for a final price.

dunehiker

Reaction score
Exactly. Every truck I look at on a dealer website shows MRSP crossed out and the dealer's "sale" or "internet" price below. Some will have some fine print indicating that it doesn't include destination while others you find out when I attempt to work a deal. At best it's deceitful and worst it feels like they're double dipping since their so-called sale price is supposed to be a markdown of MSRP which does include destination.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The Koons info said $1,695 delivery, but the breakdown was $3,3## for delivery. Looks like double dipping to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread