5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Rough Country 5” Air Suspension Lift

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 Rebel with air suspensionI’m looking at doing the RC 5” Air Ride Lift. I read on here seems to be a good lift.
Anyone with ride quality differences?
Also debating between the N3 shocks or the additional $200 monotube V2 shocks if it’s a smoother ride?
Seeing what might be better to maintain the impressive smooth Cadillac like ride lol.
Going to run some 2.5-3” Bora Spacers and 35” Ridge Grapplers.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Not a Rebel but I have it on my 2021 Laramie. I went with the V2 upgrade and it rides as good as stock. Maybe a little cushier with the bigger tires.

In normal mode
Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

In OR2
Wow looks beautiful man! Debating the V2’s I just wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be better overall for the ride or more of a benefit if off-roading that type of thing? I think tho that’s going to be the move for me.

Utemachine

Reaction score
A2A22E72-9FCB-4A13-AF9E-16DF1F8A3EA3.jpeg
I have the 5” RC on mine running essentially a 36” tire. I LOVE it! It rides like smooth butter, altough I have air ride and that makes a big difference. The ONLY reason I’d spend the extra cash on the BDS is if you want the warranty protection they offer should the lift cause a problem with your factory warranty.

99% of of what you’ll be doing with your truck, the RC will be perfect for. If you’re building a heavy off road machine then go BDS. RC builds a quality product, I’ve run them on a couple different vehicles and never had any issues whatsoever.

Reaction score
View attachment 80975
I have the 5” RC on mine running essentially a 36” tire. I LOVE it! It rides like smooth butter, altough I have air ride and that makes a big difference. The ONLY reason I’d spend the extra cash on the BDS is if you want the warranty protection they offer should the lift cause a problem with your factory warranty.

99% of of what you’ll be doing with your truck, the RC will be perfect for. If you’re building a heavy off road machine then go BDS. RC builds a quality product, I’ve run them on a couple different vehicles and never had any issues whatsoever.
Wow That’s one of the best looking lifted 5th Gens I have seen!! Not looking to do much off-roading being a black truck and agree RC is a quality enough product. Did you get the N3 struts or the mono tube V2’s? Thinking the N3’s might be better for me doing a lot of city driving to keep the OEM soft ride?

Utemachine

Reaction score
Thanks! I just blacked out all the chrome and it looks so good. I went with whatever shocks came on the lift and no complaints. Get some pics up when you’re lifted.

nvw00

Reaction score
View attachment 80975

what setting is your air ride set to in this picture?

Reaction score
I think all the settings still work except Off Road the highest setting? Not 100% positive planning tom order mine up this week!

Reaction score
Not a Rebel but I have it on my 2021 Laramie. I went with the V2 upgrade and it rides as good as stock. Maybe a little cushier with the bigger tires.

In normal mode

In OR2
I'm still debating the V2's or regular N3 Struts. So you have the upgraded monotube V2's and its definitely not "stiffer" "rougher" over bumps?
I want to be try to retain the factory ride as much as possible with a lifted truck. I had the monotube's on a 2017 2 Door Wrangler and it was noticeably stiffer over bumps than my previous lifted Jeep was.
Maybe our trucks having the air suspension handles and compliments the upgraded monotube V2s better?

DC17

Reaction score
I'm still debating the V2's or regular N3 Struts. So you have the upgraded monotube V2's and its definitely not "stiffer" "rougher" over bumps?
I want to be try to retain the factory ride as much as possible with a lifted truck. I had the monotube's on a 2017 2 Door Wrangler and it was noticeably stiffer over bumps than my previous lifted Jeep was.
Maybe our trucks having the air suspension handles and compliments the upgraded monotube V2s better?

It feels exactly the same to me. I’m at just over a thousand miles on the lift and its been flawless. I’m really impressed!

Utemachine

Reaction score
All the settings work as normal. I even did the DIY adjustable links on the front to raise the nose a 1/4” and still every mode including OR2 work.

Brazen LTD

Reaction score
Thanks! I just blacked out all the chrome and it looks so good. I went with whatever shocks came on the lift and no complaints. Get some pics up when you’re lifted.

Love it. You’ve done well.

I just ordered a Diamond Black ‘21 Limited (RHD export) with night edition - this is the same setup I am considering.

Please post more pics! Especially with the blacked out chrome.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
What are you all doing for your UCAs with the RC lift? Looking at the kit, it doesn't appear that new UCAs are included.

Brazen LTD

Reaction score
What are you all doing for your UCAs with the RC lift? Looking at the kit, it doesn't appear that new UCAs are included.

I read somewhere in here and believe (happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!) the redesigned knuckle in the RC & BDS air ride kits helps maintain alignment so the UCA’s aren’t required.

Makes sense that all the components are included in the kit for the cost, otherwise it is essentially most of a kit!

There is at least one youtube vid of a black 2020 with this kit on it and don’t believe he needed the UCA’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online