5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Purchase thread

Neokane

Reaction score
Well got a deal.

Rebel 12 crew cab. (With HK sound)
61550 MSRP
-6050 Rebates and discounts
55500 and got an 8 yr 125k mile bumper to bumper warranty (100 ded) . So that's 2715 off.
Plus fees and tax.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well got a deal.

Rebel 12 crew cab. (With HK sound)
61550 MSRP
-6050 Rebates and discounts
55500 and got an 8 yr 125k mile bumper to bumper warranty (100 ded) . So that's 2715 off.
Plus fees and tax.

That’s a good deal I think. Assuming you would have boutght that warranty anyway.

Who gets the refund of $2715 if you don’t ever use the warranty, you or the dealer? I would assume you since it’s in your name but may want to verify that.

Neokane

Reaction score
That’s a good deal I think. Assuming you would have boutght that warranty anyway.

Who gets the refund of $2715 if you don’t ever use the warranty, you or the dealer? I would assume you since it’s in your name but may want to verify that.

Good question. Was absolutely going to get the warranty, so I thought it was a great added value at a discount .
Their offer on trade in was low, but a 30 min drive and have a voucher for 18200 for my trade.

Neokane

Reaction score
Thought I would show everyone some current offers out there with builds.
These are all current offers I have on the table.
Opt. 1 is in my town but they are being stingy with rebates. However, I did get them to add on a 8 yr 100k mile $100 ded. warranty for 840.
If they will match incentives from the other 3 offers, then they would be the 2nd best offer, and have everything I want in the truck .

(the average % off does not include the revised option 1.
1551043668714.png

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AL/GA area
58k MSRP
dealer discount of 5500

But I got about 1k more on trade than other places and 2k more than Laura. So it ended up being 200 dollars cheaper than Laura’s deal and was only 90 mins away vs 9 hours lol.

w0bbles

Reaction score
I got it from Farrish in Fairfax. It was on the lot, I did not order it
Wow, that is interesting. They weren't looking to budge much for me, and was quoted 53K OTD with just a level 2 and pano sunroof.
I emailed almost every dealer in the DMV area and the best I got was 54K OTD for on the lot from Darcars with a Rebel 12. But ended up not getting it because on my way to pick it up the salesperson texted me to tell me the truck was in the shop for scratches, then later he told me the bumper was replaced. I got sketched out so I backed off.

I talked to a salesperson via email from Koons Tysons (Martha Chicas), and then went into talk to the manager (Phil), and was able to order a rebel 12 with Level 2, pano sunroof, and rambox for 52,735 OTD. I had the best experience with them. I highly recommend going in and talking to Phil if anyone is interested. He was very down to earth and straight forward with me, which I like.

NortheastRebel19

Reaction score
MSRP $54. Final handshake was for $45k.

Attachments

• 390E2DC2-273C-4FAD-8249-7C0AB043E05F.jpeg
    390E2DC2-273C-4FAD-8249-7C0AB043E05F.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 39

Neokane

Reaction score
Well I got my deposit back from my local dealer. They couldn't get me the first truck they said they could and didn't want to negotiate any further. They had to keep looking for another truck, and the only one they found so far had the tow package (big no-go there)
So my 2nd option came back and gave me the same offer as before, but threw in an 8 year 125k mile $100 Ded. Not sure where things will shake out since I cant get it till saturday, and rebates my change for march.
$62145 - MSRP
$54389 plus 8yr 125k $100 ded warranty.
$51839 if you take out the $2550 for the warranty.

Will keep you posted and see how March rebates affect the deal.

Neokane

Reaction score
Well, here it is!!
I'll get the deal details up when I get home.

Attachments

• 20190302_113813.jpg
    20190302_113813.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 34

greatone99

Reaction score
white rebel
12 inch screen
air sus
pano roof
ram boxes
harmon kardon 19 sp
crew cab
blind spot cross path
park assist
Bedliner

61940 msrp
52540 paid

apalma002

Reaction score
Have you guys ever done a “group” buy. Basically a bunch of guys interested in buying trucks obtain the best price from a dealer?

edgarrian

Reaction score
Have you guys ever done a “group” buy. Basically a bunch of guys interested in buying trucks obtain the best price from a dealer?

Never heard of anyone doing that. It might work but then said dealer would need to have all the trucks that the group wanted. I guess you could order. My group of friends. We don't ever purchase at the same time. One friend trades in every two or three years. Gets a truck then trades for a BMW. My other friend likes the leasing option. And the other guy buys a new vehicle. Something cheap that gets good gas mileage and then runs it until it's junk. I would think it would be tough to get this accomplished. Unless you were involved in a club or forum where many of you were within distance of each other.

Honestly I don't think a dealer would care unless it was a big dealer. Just my two cents

Tpreston

Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying a Rebel and trading in my Grand Cherokee. Dealer is offering $6,200 off the $59,660 sticker and giving me a decent allowance on trade. If I decide to buy it I’m going to try to get $1,500 more off.
After researching this forum and other reviews I’m worried about going with the etorque hemi. It’s a great looking truck and rides great too, but I don’t want to deal with something rushed to market.
Lots to think about.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying a Rebel and trading in my Grand Cherokee. Dealer is offering $6,200 off the $59,660 sticker and giving me a decent allowance on trade. If I decide to buy it I’m going to try to get $1,500 more off.
After researching this forum and other reviews I’m worried about going with the etorque hemi. It’s a great looking truck and rides great too, but I don’t want to deal with something rushed to market.
Lots to think about.

My two comments and two cents. I think you can do a bit better than $6200 off, unless that is before all rebates. Is that the out the door price? If so I think you can do better.

Next is about the etorque. I personally didn’t want it in mine, especially the Rebel, for a number of reasons I would drag out in this thread. Lots of discussion on it though. Read up on it and make your own informed decision. Some members here love it and others don’t. Kind of like air suspension. Lol. Make the decision that’s right for you. Hopefully some other opinions will help you decide.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Lots to think about.

I didnt even research the idea as an alternator is a relatively cheap replacement and for the most part is reliable. E-torque may or may not be those things. I didnt want to take the chance. It would be an expensive piece to replace. The air ride suspension was a no brainer for me. Ive been around pneumatic systems most of my life and cold weather is not ur friend. Tons of people having issues. Poorly designed. Needs an air dryer system, oiler system By the time you add all that its too costly. Southern part of the country can get away with it but in cold weather you are playing with fire. FCA has so far dodged the bullet as for someone getting hurt.

Neokane

Reaction score
white rebel crew cab
Rebel 12 package (HK 19 speaker)
5.7 Non e-torque
air sus
pano roof
blind spot cross path
spray in bed liner
bed utility group

MSRP $62145
Discount $6356