5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel came with rear tint?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
So in my haste I paid for window tint at the dealer, not realizing the dealer didnt install it yet (they called me later to setup an appointment, but I live 3 hours from the dealer). The rear is already tinted and I assume this was from the factory? Does anyone know what % the rear is tinted?

19reb

20% and legal if from the factory like our trucks. But not the dealer, depending on the state.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Back glass is 15% I think. Most of the dealers (if legal) will tint the front windows only to match the back glass. If your state is more strict on the tint like Texas, they will only tint to the percentage allowable. My front tint was not done at dealer, but 30% in texas and back glass is roughly 15-20%

mch

Reaction score
Window film doesn't have to be all about the darkness. The biggest benefit of film versus factory darkened glass is UV and heat rejection. The factory glass is basically for privacy / look, and does not provide the same benefits as film. Tinting the front windshield with nearly clear film is getting pretty popular for just that purpose.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Back glass is 15% I think. Most of the dealers (if legal) will tint the front windows only to match the back glass. If your state is more strict on the tint like Texas, they will only tint to the percentage allowable. My front tint was not done at dealer, but 30% in texas and back glass is roughly 15-20%
TX limit is 25%. I always get my fronts done at 20%, and they're almost as dark as the rear windows.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t lived in Texas but a year and a half but have been pulled over 3 times in my car with 5% tint in 3 different metro cities and not once have they said anything to me about my tint... I do not think tint % compliance is high up on there list of things to worry about.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I haven’t lived in Texas but a year and a half but have been pulled over 3 times in my car with 5% tint in 3 different metro cities and not once have they said anything to me about my tint... I do not think tint % compliance is high up on there list of things to worry about.
That is correct. This is why I always go 20. I could go darker but it inhibits visibility at night for me, so 20 is the darkest I will use.

Cheers,

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is correct. This is why I always go 20. I could go darker but it inhibits visibility at night for me, so 20 is the darkest I will use.

Cheers,
Yeah I actually took my front back up to 10% on my truck. 5% makes backing up into my driveway at night too hard even with the cameras.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the police pulling me over or anything. The issue is you can't find tint dealers to go below 30%.
You also have to be careful about the inspections we have. A lot of inspections will not pass anything below 25-30%.

Users who are viewing this thread