5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 1500 Built-in radar

rgeislr

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question! I just bought my 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel EcoDiesel and it detects every speed/red light camera with a built in feature. My question is, is this feature permanent or will it ask me to renew some sort of subscription after a month for it?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question! I just bought my 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel EcoDiesel and it detects every speed/red light camera with a built in feature. My question is, is this feature permanent or will it ask me to renew some sort of subscription after a month for it?
on the navi screen in center?
iirc that's a paid feature. I don't use the stock navi much (only 2 times - first was to try it when i got it and second was to confirm my traffic update on the navi was working). Stock navi is my last resort when going off grid.
I feel like google map or apple map are much better.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The red light camera and speed alert are built in features, and are not subscription based. They can be configured in navigation settings for no alert, chime only, or chime with voice alert.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The red light camera and speed alert are built in features, and are not subscription based. They can be configured in navigation settings for no alert, chime only, or chime with voice alert.
I don't think it's radar though like OP listed right? Just uses mapdata to detect where it claims they exist?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's radar though like OP listed right? Just uses mapdata to detect where it claims they exist?
No, I’m pretty sure it’s just the nomenclature he used, and I’m understanding his question as referring to the red light camera and speeding alerts through the factory nav. Those are built in by what they know on the map data, and not “live” subscription based service.

Users who are viewing this thread