5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 2020 Ram 1500 big horn quad cab. Bought it used about a month ago. It has 8k on it, now it’s at 11k. I noticed that the headliner above the rear window was wet, as well as the corners and back seat headrests. My first thought was the 3rd brake light. After hearing about the cracked window Frame and surround I checked it. I can’t tell if this is a crack or normal. I can’t remember if it was there before or not. It looks like a really clean cut and it goes all the way up to roof. Water was leaking out of it. It is only on the left side. Any advice would help.

That’s a crack It’s not supposed to be there. Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy738

Reaction score
That’s a crack It’s not supposed to be there. Welcome to the club

Wonder why it does that. Do the replacements they give hold up? I’m covered under warranty and have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday. I didn’t notice the crack until after I scheduled. So I will need to let them know

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had all window and light replaced waited took 8 weeks for the window to come in, gave me a loaner left it the dealer, drove grand cherokee for a loaner... so far so good no leaks at all...

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonder why it does that. Do the replacements they give hold up? I’m covered under warranty and have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday. I didn’t notice the crack until after I scheduled. So I will need to let them know

There’s a weakness in the trim on the area that frames the sliding window. Newer replacement parts are supposedly better. I’m on my 3rd and the last one has lasted almost a year.

Billy738

Reaction score
i had all window and light replaced waited took 8 weeks for the window to come in, gave me a loaner left it the dealer, drove grand cherokee for a loaner... so far so good no leaks at all...
Glad to hear it’s fixed. How long have you had the new window

Billy738

Reaction score
about a month now lots of down pours and two car washes, all good
Great. Was there any problems getting the window replaced? I went out to my truck today and you can barely see the crack after the water dried. It’s only really noticeable when it rains. I hope they can see that and still fix it.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
none what so ever had to get approval, that took 3 days, new service advisor was a little slacking but hes new so i wont press on that, only hassle was it took 8 weeks but like i saidn i had a loaner..

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well add me to the list....over the weekend I was at the car wash and a nice stream of water came pouring in...ugh. I have an appointment for next week. The only good thing is our rainy season is over, so if it takes a while for the part to come in, it won't be too much of an inconvenience.

And yes there is a crack in the frame. :(

Toolbox

Reaction score
Wow. Ya I was told 1 week. We’ll see what actually happens. Service manager was pretty confident because he just did one last week but I’m not holding my breath.
Been at the dealership for almost 2 weeks. Was just called that the new eta on the window is May 19th......dealerships an hour away with no loaner so I’m contemplating just leaving it there until it gets fixed. Frustrating to say the least. Have had a few rain storms since I dropped it off too so assuming the inside needs a full detail. Will keep everyone posted on my issue.

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
My dealership has the window in 68426398AC

I called my parts department and they told me this part number is the newest and only window that is made for my specific vehicle 2019 Rebel. I told him about the AE part number and he said that did not come with window defrosters. I’m so confused. Because everyone is saying the AE part number is thicker.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone get AE. Right now the TSB says AD, but AC is what’s currently being built & installed

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone get AE. Right now the TSB says AD, but AC is what’s currently being built & installed

Isn’t AC Obsolete? On page 93 someone posted this part receipt.

Attachments

• 45612722-C4A6-43D8-8B4B-F334007471E0.png
    45612722-C4A6-43D8-8B4B-F334007471E0.png
    468 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok. So for my 2019 Rebel my dealer is telling me it’s part number 68426398-AC. I don’t know what to search or ask anymore I guess I’ll have them put this one on.

The part number could have stayed the same to keep cataloging simpler. Hopefully the part that owns the part number is now different. I had an AC part for my 3rd window and I can definitely see it was beefier than the first 2 ‘AC’ parts. The window opens and closers faster as well. It was installed may 2020.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear window replaced in Feb. I noticed the other day the c-pillars were scratched at the screw hole by a pry tool and I hear a clicking noise when I open and close the rear window.

Brought it into the dealer today expecting a quick tightening down of the rear window cable and replacement of my pillars (they already ordered the news ones).

Instead I left with a loaner. Apparently my rear window may have to be removed and inspected to try and fix the issue.... yay!

Users who are viewing this thread