5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

Rich51

Reaction score
So I guess my “fixed / replacement” window isn’t better than the first one. I have two more cracks exact same problem. I guess I will take it back into the dealer see if they will replace this one as well. Has anyone else had two crack?
56D82CEA-87A4-4512-A1D8-29919ABE6F82.jpeg
B85AFCC3-9ED0-418B-9E91-429ED8DD2FBA.jpeg

Ramster

Reaction score
Mine has been in the shop 3 weeks since this past Thursday and haven't heard a word. This being my second trip back. I'm still in their Grand Cherokee and though it's easier on gas and seems to be a decent ride I'm beginning to miss my truck. The day is getting closer I will be hauling my camper to my seasonal camp ground. I might have to call for another loaner (truck) with a hitch or hire someone to haul it for me.

Ramman_666

Reaction score
So I am now having the same issue as everyone else. My biggest worry is mold. I will be calling dealer in the morning to start this process very upset about this.

mdschadler

Reaction score
Sadly now I have a rattle in the headliner directly over my head (drivers seat) ever since they pulled the headliner. Sounds like maybe the wiring for the microphones flopping around. I hate to schedule an appointment for this but it’s really annoying directly overhead.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sadly now I have a rattle in the headliner directly over my head (drivers seat) ever since they pulled the headliner. Sounds like maybe the wiring for the microphones flopping around. I hate to schedule an appointment for this but it’s really annoying directly overhead.
Ach. That's something that just HAS to get fixed.

Hopefully, that'll be the last time they pull it.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here buy a aftermarket third brake light as an easy fix?
the easiest and cheapest fix for the leaking brake light is just to add weather-stripping. adding a new brake light or weather-stripping won't help with the cracked rear window surround though. (obviously)

Barqs

Reaction score
Today was my original replacement window ETA, but no call yet from either the dealership or my Ram Cares case manager. I suspect no news isn't good news. Anyone else in the Atlanta parts depot region waiting on new glass?

ccm2001

Reaction score
my 3rd brake light leaked 1 week into ownership, i clear rtv it in November 2020, was good until now. it leaked again in the drivers side corner. which is odd, because I've done a serious water test specifically on the corner and no water.
Ive ordered the new 3rd brake light with Updated Gasket & torque bolts, hopefully it works
i even put the marine seal as the current gasket but it still leaked through some how.
Has anyone 3rd brake light cause a leak in the far corner?
no cracks.

thanks

Attachments

• 163058092_805515400174112_2766644226301530284_n.jpg
    163058092_805515400174112_2766644226301530284_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 165098916_298437118304749_1916944769082776049_n.jpg
    165098916_298437118304749_1916944769082776049_n.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 62

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I guess my “fixed / replacement” window isn’t better than the first one. I have two more cracks exact same problem. I guess I will take it back into the dealer see if they will replace this one as well. Has anyone else had two crack?
View attachment 87245
View attachment 87240

Mine has been in the shop 3 weeks since this past Thursday and haven't heard a word. This being my second trip back. I'm still in their Grand Cherokee and though it's easier on gas and seems to be a decent ride I'm beginning to miss my truck. The day is getting closer I will be hauling my camper to my seasonal camp ground. I might have to call for another loaner (truck) with a hitch or hire someone to haul it for me.

my 3rd brake light leaked 1 week into ownership, i clear rtv it in November 2020, was good until now. it leaked again in the drivers side corner. which is odd, because I've done a serious water test specifically on the corner and no water.
Ive ordered the new 3rd brake light with Updated Gasket & torque bolts, hopefully it works
i even put the marine seal as the current gasket but it still leaked through some how.
no cracks.

thanks
Hello everyone,
We certainly understand why the water leak you are experiencing would be concerning, and we are here to help! Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this concern with your dealer. If needed, our team would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf in order to ensure that your vehicle service is completed with the highest standard of support from coming our team! If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to reach out.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had wet snow/rain last night and this morning my son jumped into his booster seat and asked why the seat was all wet... lucky me. Uhg.

So having been on this forum for a few years I am well aware of almost every major defect on the 5th Gen and am not surprised that I have ended up with the surround crack on my '19 Rebel.

That being said, I haven't seen any mention if this is related to having the Panoramic sunroof but can't help but think it is something responsible with extra flex in the upper roof section as well as the extended cab being 4" longer. My dealer was on the fence when I had a windshield crack, after no real evidence was found of a stone chip, and they had suspected body flex since they had seen other windshields with similar repairs. Ram denied the claim.

The sharkfin antenna and third brake light, in my opinion are inexcusable and should be replaced on every truck.

Hope I have success with the replacement rear window.
We would be happy to look into this claim further for you and assist in your future dealer services, @VaderRebel. Please send over a private message with your VIN should you decide to further address the leak you are experiencing in your truck! We're happy to help.
So I am now having the same issue as everyone else. My biggest worry is mold. I will be calling dealer in the morning to start this process very upset about this.
Hi @Ramman_666, we did just have the chance to follow up with your private message! Please continue to work with us there in order to avoid missed communication throughout this process. Thanks!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
no cracks.

thanks
3 weeks ago I witnessed this... leak on my passenger side corner. I ordered the new 3rd brake light with the part # ending in AG and the new torx bolts last week. I too have no cracks in my molding. Crossing fingers.

Attachments

• 18442050-C464-404B-B529-D89E76ADCEFD.jpeg
    18442050-C464-404B-B529-D89E76ADCEFD.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 51

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
meanwhile my dealer ordered my part feb 9th and im waiting for the torque screws
and new light, truck headliner is soaked seat all wet new window installed last friday still leaked DOES RAM CARE? seriously two god damn months my Ram was in the shop waiting for a window and 3rd brake light & STILL LEAKING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sauchi55

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 three weeks ago found the rear window leaking. Ram won't cover it under bumper to bumper. Anyone had luck arguing this is warranty work after it being denied?

vietatran05

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 three weeks ago found the rear window leaking. Ram won't cover it under bumper to bumper. Anyone had luck arguing this is warranty work after it being denied?
I had the same issue. I suggest trying a different dealership. Also, you can message Ram Cares and they should be able to assist you.

NoCrow

Reaction score
Did fca deny it or your ram dealer. Also how many miles do you have on it? I got my 2019 laramie with 19k miles on it. Lake at 28k and they approved it no issue under bumper to bumper.

Sauchi55

Reaction score
Did fca deny it or your ram dealer. Also how many miles do you have on it? I got my 2019 laramie with 19k miles on it. Lake at 28k and they approved it no issue under bumper to bumper.
The dealer said they contacted FCA and they denied it.

Users who are viewing this thread