5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leaking

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what was Deke riding around in while you were waiting? And I bet he's glad to have his ride back :)

yellowboy

Reaction score
They gave me a Pacifica. I only had it 2 days. He never got in it because it was all black and I didn't want to return it full of white hair ! Yes he's used to that large flat floor in the back - it's not MY truck it's HIS limo :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

bpd

Reaction score
I’m joining the club. I noticed water on the plastic window frame and the headliner and the seat back were both wet on Monday after a good rain. I shined a flashlight on the area and the crack really stands out. It clearly runs all the way through the plastic from the bottom all the way up and behind the headliner. The truck goes in for water penetration testing at the dealership on Tuesday. I only have 7500 miles on the truck.
0fc5c17a2c3a8a9a4397806824a6bc2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd

Reaction score
Here’s another angle. You can see it go up behind the headliner.

17b4790710933a02c99e1135c8250bc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowboy

Reaction score
Big surprise, today was the first hard storm since window was replaced and it's leaking again. see photo

Attachments

• Window leak B.jpg
    Window leak B.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 77

yellowboy

Reaction score
Well guess what - it was the light (maybe???) . After all that waiting for a new window to come in and get installed they now think it was the light. So they sealed it up today. Now another long wait until the next storm. BTW I drenched it with a hose, ran it through the carwash , and it didn't leak at all --it takes a real storm.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No the frame was never cracked, that's why I was skeptical when they wanted to replace the window
I would just about bet money that it's the brake light or the antenna. On my Titan, it had a leak that I swore was coming from the window frame. I had the entire window replaced (my dime, out of warranty). Went to Florida and first day there after a rainstorm back was soaked. Had the access to the headliner pulled and sure enough it was coming through the brake light grommets.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Well more rain today, window or 3rd brake light still leaking. This trip will be 3rd time in for this. Under NC lemon law 4 times no fix it's a lemon. We'll see.

yellowboy

Reaction score
So took it in Friday, thay still have it. After replacing the rear window, sealing the 3rd brake light they now think it's the antenna. Meanwhile I am stuck in a Dodge Caravan. Stay tuned....................

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So took it in Friday, thay still have it. After replacing the rear window, sealing the 3rd brake light they now think it's the antenna. Meanwhile I am stuck in a Dodge Caravan. Stay tuned....................
Well, if you take all the seats out Deke will think he's died and gone to dog limo heaven! I used to have a full-size custom van that I drove my dogs around and they loved it.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Well, if you take all the seats out Deke will think he's died and gone to dog limo heaven! I used to have a full-size custom van that I drove my dogs around and they loved it.
They all fold flat he can walk around ! Plus easy in , easy out - it's not as high. BTW- you realize how quiet the Ram is when you drive a noisy POS like this !

yellowboy

Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday after 10 days with a rental. This time they were taking the antenna mount off and broke something so it took a while to get the part in. They also replaced the 3rd light. This is the 3rd time it's been in for the leak, the new window didn't do it, resealing the 3rd light didn't do it. Under NC lemon law 4 times no fixey - bye bye. We'll see after the next rain---1 more try.

Users who are viewing this thread