5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

Seacreature

Reaction score
2019 Bighorn has the dreaded water leak in the back corners of the cab! Another trip to the dealer. Beginning to regret my purchase considering I had to have it in twice to get the front area from leaking and filling the drivers floor board up with water! Geez!!!!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Bighorn has the dreaded water leak in the back corners of the cab! Another trip to the dealer. Beginning to regret my purchase considering I had to have it in twice to get the front area from leaking and filling the drivers floor board up with water! Geez!!!!

If the rear window isn’t cracked then it’s the brake light Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy marine weatherstrip and replace the sponge gasket on the light assembly and you’ll never have a leak. If the dealer replaces the 3rd light, it will still be with an inferior sponge gasket that fails eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am deeply sorry to hear of your situation, @Seacreature. Please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you address this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram has a crack in the back window frame. Should I contact the dealer?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram has a crack in the back window frame. Should I contact the dealer?

Yes...

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
Don't think my back window is leaking yet. Is it just a matter of time? And will the dealership replace it?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't think my back window is leaking yet. Is it just a matter of time? And will the dealership replace it?

Yes replace it while you still can.

Initial coverage is only 3yr/36k. You’ll get a 2yr/unlimited mile warranty on the replacement window

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
My understanding is that it isn't a safety thing. So no recall. I am going to think twice on buying a NEW Ram.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
No it’s not a safety issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So no one's wrecked a truck yet when it starts raining as they're driving, knowing they just got it dried out from the last rain, wondering how bad it's gonna be this time, paying more attention looking in the rearview mirror at the rear window for water coming in, occasionally turning all the way around to look without the use of a mirror. All the while driving way faster than you should in downpouring rain because you're 17 miles from your garage where you can pull inside and minimize the mess. Yeah don't sound like a safety issue to me either. Wonder what a good lawyer would think?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
Good point! But is it enough to exact change until it's too late for some?

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
Called my Ram dealer about the back glass cracks in the frame. Acted like he never heard of these cracks in the backsliding window before and to bring it in so he can take a look. Don't like the sound of this already.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
@RamCares is an advocate for FCA. They try to help us with issues, especially when the dealer doesn’t want to provide assistance

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
Can I go to any Ram dealer about this back sliding window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online