5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leak 2021+ model years

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2021 (Bought CPO last year), Build date of 10/20 has a leak in the rear drivers side about an inch from the edge. Looks like it's cracked right above the gutter trim so all of the roof's water hits it. I've seen other photos with the same crack in this area.

Had fun sucking about 1/2 gallon of water out of my carpets this weekend, and we're in one of those times where we get storm after storm here in California.

It's now at Autonation in Roseville, CA. They told me that it's technically a "few days past" the cutoff for the warranty extension (9/30/20 was the cut off in the Warranty extension). But they're going to call in and see what FCA will do after they do the water intrusion confirmation. Have to pay $259 for the diagnosis. Not sure if this is something @RamCares can help with. Dealer said they see this every day now... "They're all going to need to be replaced... every single one".

The darker line is the leak on the inside part of the glass..

View attachment 175176 View attachment 175177
The diagnosis fee is ridiculous, it's diagnosed. Ram should cover it, they redesigned again in June or July of last year. They know it's a supplier issue, GM uses the same supplier, and theirs do the same thing.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
Mine is going in tomorrow 01/24/24 to a local dealer for replacement by a glass company (covered under warranty, nothing out of pocket for me). Will update after it's replaced.

Reaction score
Update, got the truck back today. The dealer was able to get it covered with a $200 deductible. (I have no clue where this came from, but they said it was over $2000 if it wasn't covered). That also covered the Diagnostic fee. Anyhow, it's back and looks good from what I can tell. (It's raining and no sign of leaks...yet).

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
So far the replacement is working out fine, but it's only been a couple days. Nothing out of pocket for me, as I just snuck in under the 3/36 by about a month.

Cromagnum

Reaction score
I just got hit with this too. 2021 Limited. Got in truck this morning and all windows were soaking wet with condensation inside and my rear carpet was wet all the way up towards the middle of the truck.

I'm 3k miles and 1 month past factory warranty but got the extended warranty when I bought the truck so we'll see what the dealer has to say once they look at it today. I realize it is usually the light, but sometimes the fin or vents. I have a moonroof so it could possibly be from that. I did not see visible window seal cracks like the older 5th gens but my headliner also looked dry, so I have no idea where it's getting in.

Ram is doing some kind of sprinkler / power wash test go diagnose where the leak is, but said it's been running for an hour or so and they can't tell somehow.

Here is how all my windows looked this morning.

Attachments

• 20240130_080557.jpg
    20240130_080557.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Cromagnum

Reaction score
I just got hit with this too. 2021 Limited. Got in truck this morning and all windows were soaking wet with condensation inside and my rear carpet was wet all the way up towards the middle of the truck.

I'm 3k miles and 1 month past factory warranty but got the extended warranty when I bought the truck so we'll see what the dealer has to say once they look at it today. I realize it is usually the light, but sometimes the fin or vents. I have a moonroof so it could possibly be from that. I did not see visible window seal cracks like the older 5th gens but my headliner also looked dry, so I have no idea where it's getting in.

Ram is doing some kind of sprinkler / power wash test go diagnose where the leak is, but said it's been running for an hour or so and they can't tell somehow.

Here is how all my windows looked this morning.
So it looks like they have to replace my entire rear window. The seal failed in the corner.

dkotis4

Reaction score
The diagnosis fee is ridiculous, it's diagnosed. Ram should cover it, they redesigned again in June or July of last year. They know it's a supplier issue, GM uses the same supplier, and theirs do the same thing.
I just went in for the same issue. They replaced the back lite and now ordering a replacement window. They waived the diagnostic fee. I'm now contacting Chrysler to see if they will cover the replacement of my carpet on the driver side since it has been soaked and grew mold as well.

6of36

Reaction score
I just went in for the same issue. They replaced the back lite and now ordering a replacement window. They waived the diagnostic fee. I'm now contacting Chrysler to see if they will cover the replacement of my carpet on the driver side since it has been soaked and grew mold as well.
They should. The mold is due to the leak. I bought a Cadillac ElDorado new in 2001. They had a run of leaky body seam in the trunk. After a couple months driving, I lifted the spare cover, and it had water in the well, and mold. They replaced EVERYTHING not metal, behind the front seats. Back seat, carpet, side panels, package tray, and all trunk lining. They disinfected the whole car also.

Cromagnum

Reaction score
Looks like the dealer can't find the replacement glass anywhere and told me it's going to be 3-4 weeks before they can make the repair.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
My 2020 is going in for the second time for a read window leak. Last headliner and rear window was replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nukldragger

Reaction score
Just found this today on mine, 5/21 build date. Grabbed a rag from the under seat storage and it was dripping wet.

Took it to the dealer and they wanted me to leave it for a week. Guy in front of me was there with a 3500 for the same thing.

Hoping the rain stops for a while, my Charger is in the shop for another week or two 😖

BAB5324

Reaction score
Looks like the dealer can't find the replacement glass anywhere and told me it's going to be 3-4 weeks before they can make the repair.
I’m going on 5 months waiting for replacement window. Any update for you? How long did it take to get part in

6of36

Reaction score
I’m going on 5 months waiting for replacement window. Any update for you? How long did it take to get part in
That's ridiculous. It should take a few weeks max. They probably just forgot about you. I've had a dealer supposed to check something, and when I walked in a month later, it was "oh yeah, I forgot".

Users who are viewing this thread