5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window frame cracked

contezl

Reaction score
Have a 2019 ram 1500 rebel with 42k miles and the rear window frame is cracked and leaking water. Seems like a known issue but Ram isn’t doing a recall? @RamCares are you able to support me getting this replaced? I have an extended warranty and they are saying they won’t cover it either. 1700$ price tag doesn’t feel great for a 3 year old truck.

raygun9

Reaction score
where are you located.. if your insurance has 100% glass coverage they should cover this. I had mine replaced under warranty from the dealer but found out the insurance would cover the window.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have a 2019 ram 1500 rebel with 42k miles and the rear window frame is cracked and leaking water. Seems like a known issue but Ram isn’t doing a recall? @RamCares are you able to support me getting this replaced? I have an extended warranty and they are saying they won’t cover it either. 1700$ price tag doesn’t feel great for a 3 year old truck.
Hey there,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Would you mind sending us a direct message with some more information about what you've done so far with your dealer?

Callie
Ram Cares

6of36

Reaction score
Recalls are only mandated for safety issues. Because there are so many with this problem, they may decide to do free repairs, to avoid a class action lawsuit, bu unless there is one, unfortunately, they are not legally obligated to.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
This will more than likely never be a recall because it is not a "safety" issue. It is also a very common problem that was supposed to be addressed already by the manufacturer (from what my dealer told me) but it apparently it's hasn't been. Some dealers have been known to replace them with under a "good faith" policy and others will not. If ramcare doesn't help you then I'd suggest calling your insurance company and putting in a claim because it should be covered under glass coverage. Good luck

Six_Swix

Reaction score

There is a TSB related to this

I've had the job done under warranty. If your truck is still under warranty like you state, its pretty clear in this TSB that FCA is covering this under warranty. Take this to your dealer

I've attached the TSB in photos for reference

Thanks,

David

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-133701_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230216-133701_OneDrive.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230216-133723_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230216-133723_OneDrive.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 57

6of36

Reaction score
There is a TSB related to this

I've had the job done under warranty. If your truck is still under warranty like you state, its pretty clear in this TSB that FCA is covering this under warranty. Take this to your dealer

I've attached the TSB in photos for reference

Thanks,

David
He has 42,000 miles. Out of warranty.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This will more than likely never be a recall because it is not a "safety" issue. It is also a very common problem that was supposed to be addressed already by the manufacturer (from what my dealer told me) but it apparently it's hasn't been. Some dealers have been known to replace them with under a "good faith" policy and others will not. If ramcare doesn't help you then I'd suggest calling your insurance company and putting in a claim because it should be covered under glass coverage. Good luck
It is a safety issue if the water intrusion causes black mold.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It is a safety issue if the water intrusion causes black mold.
Take it up with the manufacturer or a lawyer to get the ball rolling then. Good luck with that

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
He said he has extended warranty. My extended warranty is 5yr/160000km. He's over the factory limited but more than likely still good with an extended.

Cheers
I'm looking into a Mopar Maxcare extended warranty for my truck and it claims it does not cover the window

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it seems some progressive movement is being made on getting this issue resolved

6of36

Reaction score
He said he has extended warranty. My extended warranty is 5yr/160000km. He's over the factory limited but more than likely still good with an extended.

Cheers
The extended warranty s don't necessarily cover everything.

Users who are viewing this thread