5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

jamesfg

Reaction score
For $180 I can make something exactly tailored to my specific needs. I'll add this to the list

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Good call. I have the level 1 package.
Does anyone know if the trim around the wheel wells of the Laramie is considered fender flares.
I noticed the big horns don't have it. I'm trying to buy the splash guards and want to get the right ones.

laminad

Reaction score
did you get the level 2 package? I'm not 100% sure but think it is part of that package... still waiting on mine to arrive so it better be! :)

Yes, I got level 2 package. If I remember correctly, I believe it is an option on the Big Horn, but I bought off the lot so it didn't have it. I'm confused now b/c I was in waffling between an entry Laramie vs. Loaded Big Horn. Big Horn factory rebates made that decision easier.

Drewsky510

Reaction score
Seriously so dumb that it’s not standard on a $55k Laramie truck...hoping I can find a good 3rd party option.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Seriously so dumb that it’s not standard on a $55k Laramie truck...hoping I can find a good 3rd party option.
Yep, pretty idiotic, considering how much it must cost. But then again, we get trucks decked out in LEDs everywhere, and they go and put halogens on the third brake light and cargo lights, so what do I know... )

Drewsky510

Reaction score
Yep, pretty idiotic, considering how much it must cost. But then again, we get trucks decked out in LEDs everywhere, and they go and put halogens on the third brake light and cargo lights, so what do I know... )
Haha! So true! Fortunately that’s what Amazon is for, $50 and swapped out both the third brake light and cargo lights.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I would bet that if you go the RAM dealer and ask the parts department to bring up the illustrated parts drawings of the truck, they can order you the parts you need for the storage compartment... I'm going to try that option. All of these parts are available individually. They can order anything... down to a screw.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
I would bet that if you go the RAM dealer and ask the parts department to bring up the illustrated parts drawings of the truck, they can order you the parts you need for the storage compartment... I'm going to try that option. All of these parts are available individually. They can order anything... down to a screw.
My parts department told me it is an entirely different rear bench seat assembly for the one with the under seat storage and you’d have swap out the bench seat. It’s a package deal ordered from factory. I’d love for someone to prove them wrong.

jkratze1

Reaction score
My parts department told me it is an entirely different rear bench seat assembly for the one with the under seat storage and you’d have swap out the bench seat. It’s a package deal ordered from factory. I’d love for someone to prove them wrong.

Ridiculous

GATORB8

Reaction score

I have Level 2 with reclining rear 60/40 and underseat storage.

No part number (at least visible) on the underseat storage assembly. This is my P/N from the seat rails, it's on the drivers side of the 60% rails.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 739

mavrathion

Reaction score
For anyone looking towards aftermarket options, I got in touch with Lock'er Down and they told me they're in preproduction for a locking under rear seat option for the '19s with soonish availability. Not as low profile as the factory option but better than nothing I suppose.

LeatherDog

Reaction score

Darn... Why does it have to be so complicated? An entirely different seat assembly for a simple storage compartment? Bummer.

jkratze1

Reaction score
For anyone looking towards aftermarket options, I got in touch with Lock'er Down and they told me they're in preproduction for a locking under rear seat option for the '19s with soonish availability. Not as low profile as the factory option but better than nothing I suppose.
This is good news! I will probably go this route when available.

laminad

Reaction score
Darn... Why does it have to be so complicated? An entirely different seat assembly for a simple storage compartment? Bummer.

Not that I don't trust the infinite wisdom of parts depts, but did you happen to see the schematics of the two different seat assemblies?

I just feel like it would be dumb for FCA to have to stock multiple seat assemblies opposed to modular design. I can understand the reclining seats are totally different, but the storage box too? Ridiculous. Hopefully Husky and other players get some aftermarket options soon.

Daddio

Reaction score
I'm disappointed as well. I don't like the looks and cost of the Husky option. I'm going to try my dealer for the OEM part.

fred

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of the underseat storage, one open and the other folded closed, 2 different sizes/configurations
you mean there is no fold out cover for the storage box, and is this available in the quad cab big horn

Users who are viewing this thread