5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Turn Grind

Jthom

Reaction score
Truck: 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

I have seen a lot of discussion on here about grinds on right turns that appear to be mostly centered at the front of the truck that have impacted steering. I have something similar except it is in the rear of the truck and on both left and right turns at low speeds. I do not feel any vibrations in my steering wheel, though. Dealer replaced my rear diff in an attempt to resolve the issue and has solved nothing. They basically admitted they didn't know what to do after that being their third crack at fixing this issue (tie rod ends and diff bearings being the first and second attempts). I reached out to RamCares on twitter, nothing there yet. Was curious if anyone has had this issue in the rear of their truck as opposed to up front. Much appreciated.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello! We can definitely look into this matter on your behalf, @Jthom.

Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage as well as any relevant information regarding your vehicle concern to get started. We're here to help! Also, could you send us your Twitter handle?

We appreciate your cooperation here,
Hannah
Ram Cares

Reverse

Reaction score
Truck: 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

I have seen a lot of discussion on here about grinds on right turns that appear to be mostly centered at the front of the truck that have impacted steering. I have something similar except it is in the rear of the truck and on both left and right turns at low speeds. I do not feel any vibrations in my steering wheel, though. Dealer replaced my rear diff in an attempt to resolve the issue and has solved nothing. They basically admitted they didn't know what to do after that being their third crack at fixing this issue (tie rod ends and diff bearings being the first and second attempts). I reached out to RamCares on twitter, nothing there yet. Was curious if anyone has had this issue in the rear of their truck as opposed to up front. Much appreciated.

I can't speak to your truck, but I had that problem in our Challenger a few years ago and it turned out to be the diff fluid. They used the wrong type. It's pretty unlikely your dealership would have put in the wrong fluid, but just putting this out there in case.

Jthom

Reaction score
I can't speak to your truck, but I had that problem in our Challenger a few years ago and it turned out to be the diff fluid. They used the wrong type. It's pretty unlikely your dealership would have put in the wrong fluid, but just putting this out there in case.
This was correct, just got it back today. They changed out the diff fluid for a thicker diff fluid and add the slip additive. They told me Ram had recently changed the spec on it and that this was a return to a previous diff fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread