5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear TRX Tow Hook Brackets

TheMushyButt

Reaction score
I will say it depends on the step. Hammerdown Motorsports did a video on youtube and he installed his amp research step. He had to drill a hole and do some minor sanding/trimming on his step. Other people have installed the same step with no trimming or sanding. I don't believe the Mopar step will work from looking at it.

I have the factory Mopar step. 🥲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have the factory Mopar step. 🥲

I've had a few people buy a passenger side only because they wanted tow hooks and didn't want to loose their step. I can only do those when I have raw materials though. Currently I have a very limited supply of already brackets in stock. Due to releasing 4th gen rear tow hook brackets and several rock slider builds as well as custom jobs on the books right now, it may be a little while before we do another run of 5th gen brackets.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed install. I got stuck overseas much longer than expected. Got the brackets done in gloss black powder to match the frame and hitch receiver. The hooks are powder coated in a dark candy red to match the Rebel interior and the aftermarket wheels.
PXL_20210802_213256299.jpg
PXL_20210802_213540731.PORTRAIT.jpg

Only complaint is on the driver's side a plastic wire holder has to be removed from the frame to make room for the bracket, but there is no new hole in the bracket to place it back on. Pic for proof:
PXL_20210802_213233021.jpg

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed install. I got stuck overseas much longer than expected. Got the brackets done in gloss black powder to match the frame and hitch receiver. The hooks are powder coated in a dark candy red to match the Rebel interior and the aftermarket wheels.
View attachment 101749
View attachment 101750

Only complaint is on the driver's side a plastic wire holder has to be removed from the frame to make room for the bracket, but there is no new hole in the bracket to place it back on. Pic for proof:
View attachment 101751

Weird. I didn’t have that problem. I didn’t have to move any wire harness

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The location where I'm holding it is approximately where it was originally located on the frame.
Do you have air suspension or some other option that would require a wire harness to the rear? I haven't heard of this being a problem before. Adding holes to the design is super easy though.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Do you have air suspension or some other option that would require a wire harness to the rear? I haven't heard of this being a problem before. Adding holes to the design is super easy though.
No air suspension, but the connector and harness appears to go to the rear bumper sensors and tow harness.

I'll get more pictures today.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also had this "issue", but it was easily fixed. I zip tied the harness to another nearby wire bundle.

Another wiring holder also had to be removed from my step (since I removed the step prior to installing these), if memory serves.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Monday is the last day for 4th gen preorders. We have two powder coated sets in stock for 5th gen and I believe four raw steel for 5th gen. If someone orders a 5th gen powder coated set after we sell the in stock inventory I can take a raw steel or two to powder coat and get it done as long as we have raw steel in stock. enjoy some tig welds on our brackets!!!!!
IMG_8552.jpg IMG_8541.jpg IMG_8536.jpg IMG_8529.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread