5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear suspension creak

bpd

Reaction score
Hi Everyone -

I have a 2020 1500 Crew Cab and I have had noises coming from the suspension since I bought it - both from the front and the rear. I recently had my local dealership take a look. During drop-off, I took one of the associates on a test drive around the block so he could hear the noise. Of course all of the roads around the dealership were recently paved and smooth as silk but we were still able to hear a slight squeak from the front. They had the truck for the day and said they fixed the issue. What they did was disassemble, clean, and reassemble the front brake components. They were right - this fixed the noises from the front but I still have the creaking suspension noises from the rear.

I've included a link to a video of me driving over some railroad tracks near my house (and unfortunately not near the dealership!). Turn up the volume and you can clearly hear the creaking when the suspension is compressed.

Anyone else experience this or have any idea what might be causing the suspension to creaking like this? Suggestion for a fix?

Thanks!

TK Solver

Reaction score
Yes, my 2020 Laramie quad cab is squeaking like a school bus in the back lately and it seems to be getting worse. I'm taking it in next week.

Bigtone

Reaction score
I mentioned this a few times on here, but my 2019 Laramie started that squeak from the rear when changing torque direction. I found The rear control arm bolts loose. Very loose. I tightened them, but the noise came back about 1k miles later. Dealer had to replace 2 rear control arms due to the holes worn oval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/