5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear door rattle ANC

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I live in quebec CAN where it gets very cold. I know we should never wash and not dry a truck at a cold temperature, but I had to powerwash it as ice was everywhere. So after I powerwash the truck in a warm place, I got outside and I can hear the right rear door speaker rattle crazy even when the volume is at 6/7. So I turn off the radio to have the rattle goes away until i figured out what’s going on, but now comes the ANC between 1600/1900 rpm that even with radio on mute the rattle still go crazy. Long story short story to say that I’ve look at a lot of water infiltration tread, but nothing related to the back door. I assume I must be water that froze and create ice in the door/speaker inclosure and makes the speaker go wild, but still water got in there! Anyone got a tip?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It might just be a coincidence. Not sure water infiltration would trigger the anc. I would think it would just short out your speakers and/or amp. I’d give it a few days and see what happens. Either way you will probably need to go to the dealer for the anc TSB.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
It might just be a coincidence. Not sure water infiltration would trigger the anc. I would think it would just short out your speakers and/or amp. I’d give it a few days and see what happens. Either way you will probably need to go to the dealer for the anc TSB.
I went at the dealer last week for the software update regarding the 8.4 non nav. Is this update also fix the ANC TSB ? Or it's a totally different things

jeffauclair

Reaction score
So it happen again. Water leak in the rear door, but because it,s freezing outside the water drop find it's way in the speaker cavity and froze there. So the ANC sound weird because of the ice on the rear speaker. Anyone know what are the water route on the rear door or where the drain should be? I guess water goes on the corner of the rear windows and must go down somewhere?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So it happen again. Water leak in the rear door, but because it,s freezing outside the water drop find it's way in the speaker cavity and froze there. So the ANC sound weird because of the ice on the rear speaker. Anyone know what are the water route on the rear door or where the drain should be? I guess water goes on the corner of the rear windows and must go down somewhere?

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @jeffauclair. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM to discuss current concerns further so that we may determine how to best assist you at this point!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread