5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear differential whine

Boyhowdy

Reaction score
I have a 2018 3500 srw larime. At 27,000 miles rear end started whining at 65 to 70. Took it in to dealership they replaced pinion and ring gears and all the bearings axel to axel. Got the truck back said it was fixed but it still whined. Took it back they ordered new parts. After six week the factory cancelled order. Now the factory says they need to order new axel housing with all new insides. Ben without my truck for three months. What can I do to speed this up?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to check out hdrams.com as that is the forum for the 2500/3500 series Rams. You'll most likely find a ton of information on the topic and guys who have suffered the same fate.

Having said that, I had the same on a 2017 Ram 2500. Once they replaced the axle all was fine but in the meantime the truck sat waiting for the axle. It is frustrating and you might call RamCare to set up a case so they can help monitor/expedite the axle replacement.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2018 3500 srw larime. At 27,000 miles rear end started whining at 65 to 70. Took it in to dealership they replaced pinion and ring gears and all the bearings axel to axel. Got the truck back said it was fixed but it still whined. Took it back they ordered new parts. After six week the factory cancelled order. Now the factory says they need to order new axel housing with all new insides. Ben without my truck for three months. What can I do to speed this up?
You can contact @RamCares with your issue and see if they can help get a resolution. You can’t really force a backorder though.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
We would be happy to look into this for you. Feel free to follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread